Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

What bearing is this? How do you get the darned thing out?!?

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2008, 01:09 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default What bearing is this? How do you get the darned thing out?!?

I pulled my transmission to do a clutch swap today. Among many little things wrong, this was one of them. I've attached pictures of the bearing I'm talking about. What you are looking at is behind the flywheel, all those bolt holes are the flywheel bolt holes. As you can see, the bearing is shot...completely broken in half. I'm sure this is not a good thing and my clutch kit came with an extra one. Anywho, how do i go about taking this darned thing out? It won't budge!

-Mike
Attached Thumbnails What bearing is this?  How do you get the darned thing out?!?-image_021.jpg   What bearing is this?  How do you get the darned thing out?!?-image_020.jpg   What bearing is this?  How do you get the darned thing out?!?-image_023.jpg  
Old 03-20-2008, 01:17 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

that is your pilot bearing. you can rent a pilot bearing puller from an auto parts store. i may of had to actually modify the puller for it to work if i remember correctly. but yea, i think thats how i got mine out.
also called blind hole puller.
Old 03-20-2008, 01:21 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the quick response! I can't believe how the center section is just completely missing....I can't find it anywhere on the ground either. I'm wondering if the previous owner had this issue and overlooked it?

Quick Reply: What bearing is this? How do you get the darned thing out?!?