Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Anyone using the McLeod RXT/RST clutch?

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2008, 11:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Anyone using the McLeod RXT/RST clutch?

Since everyone likes the original street twin clutch that McLeod makes, I thought perhaps someone might be using one of these. I think they're halfway new and rated at 800 & 1000 HP. I'm in the market for a clutch and thinking about the RST street twin. They are much cheaper than the other twin discs from McLeod so I'm trying to figure out what the difference is.

"The all new RST Clutch assembly from McLeod Industries introductes a twin clutch that bolts to the stock flywheel for a simple low cost high performance upgrade. The key feature of the new design includes smooth engagement with excellent release qualities, ideal for daily driving.
Unique twin disc organic facing design will handle engines producing up to 800 horsepower at a price you can afford.
Pre-balanced to fit specific applications, includes correct alignment tool for installation.
With a softer than stock pedal effort, this assembly drives like the stock clutch."

Last edited by candlelit; 04-02-2008 at 11:50 PM.
Old 04-03-2008, 02:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

no one knows anything about it?
Old 04-04-2008, 12:22 AM
On The Tree

there was a tread about these clutches a while ago and one of the members said he had ordered one but I didnt ever hear anything about his experience. but remember these clutches use your stock flywheel. so this is the reason they are cheaper. but I might try one also looks like a decent option.
Old 04-04-2008, 08:24 AM
TECH Fanatic

hmmm. I seen that thread also and thought I read McLeod said it requires the McLeod flywheel??
Old 04-04-2008, 08:29 AM
Teching In

"The all new RST Clutch assembly from McLeod Industries introductes a twin clutch that bolts to the stock flywheel for a simple low cost high performance upgrade."

It might be a good idea to go with a Mcleod flywheel, but they say it mounts to the stock flywheel, which is why the price is lower. If you get the clutch and it also needs a flywheel, why not just get the street twin that comes with a flywheel, and an adjustable master cylinder?
Old 04-22-2008, 03:47 AM
Banned

it won't bolt to factory LS1 flywheel, in other applications yes

Ls1 you need a Mcleod flywheel

Quick Reply: Anyone using the McLeod RXT/RST clutch?