Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Can you replace a clutch disc with a different brand, where can I get a Mcleod disc?

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2008, 09:11 PM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Default Can you replace a clutch disc with a different brand, where can I get a Mcleod disc?

Two questions.

1. Can you replace a clutch disc with a different brand without changing pressure plate.

2. I currently have a Mcleod single disc that I beleive is a organic/kevlar combo and I'm looking at it thinking it's time to replace it while I have the trans out. So where can I buy just a Mcleod clutch disc? I checked some of the sponsors with no luck. The only place I found was Summit, and they only have the organic disc.

Thanks.
Old 04-10-2008, 09:28 PM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

A quick update.

I measured the thickness of the clutch disc, and I have 0.045" of material till I hit rivets. I'm not sure how much is there stock, does anyone know?

Also I took some weight measurements as well.

Mcleod flywheel = 28.8lbs
Mcleod clutch disc + pressure plate = 23.4 lbs.

Total = 52.2 lbs.

I weighed my new Fidanza flywheel, 12.4 lbs. So I'm dropping 16.4lbs of rotational weight which is incredable.
Old 04-10-2008, 09:35 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i dont know if that would be a good thing or not each clutch company builds there pressure plates for the specific clutch they offer. anyways if your putting a new clutch in i think tou may just want to change the plate anyways i wouldent put a worn pressure plate back in my car
Old 04-11-2008, 07:19 AM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

I'm going to call Mcleod and find out how much pad depth is sufficient. If 0.045" on both sides isn't enough, I'll order a new disc from Summit as I found that they carry most of the Mcleod discs.

Quick Reply: Can you replace a clutch disc with a different brand, where can I get a Mcleod disc?