Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Installed Ls7 Clutch Dosent Disengage

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2008, 09:15 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Installed Ls7 Clutch Dosent Disengage

I installed a ls7 clutch and ls2 flywheel but it dosent disengage. Would this be the wrong throw out bearing? I dont know any advice would help.
Old 04-12-2008, 11:19 AM
Staging Lane

you have to bleed the crap out of the hydralics... i had to bleed it at the slave and then hooked a mighty vac to it or just let it sit over night the air will came to the top... throw out bearing wouldn't do it..99% sure it air in the line..
Old 04-12-2008, 06:40 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Just finished with my LS7 clutch install on my swap and had the same problem. Clutch would not disengage and the pedal was soft as hell.

We ended up bleeding almost a full quart of fluid through it. Even after that we still had the same problem. Pumped the pedal a ton of times (for like 5 minutes straight) and the pedal REALLY stiffened up and the clutch properly disengaged.
Old 04-14-2008, 10:42 PM
12 Second Club

I just finished up my ls7 clutch swap.. We bench bled the master and did the normal bleading through the master and slave on the car. Only did normal bleading about 10 times. It wouldnt go into gear so i shut the car off, put it into gear then drove it.. rev matching each gear.. ive put 40 miles on it now and its gotten better. I can shift into all gears at a stop. Ive heard after 250 miles the pedal comes back to stock....