Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Clutch Hydrolic issues

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2008, 03:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Clutch Hydrolic issues

Well I have searched and I have narrowed it down to a few things. Here is my symptoms....

Just got a built transmission from Tick Performance, their stage 2 rebuild for a Corvette C5. The thing shifts like butter just cruising around town and even aggressive driving as long and I short shift. Basically meaning like below 5k or so it will shift hard just fine. My problem is when I rev it close to the limiter 6600 rpms currently it will not shift hard into gear no matter what I do. Almost feels like the gate isn't there or Im going to break the shifter if I cram it in gear. The car is a H/C/I car if that matters to any affect.

My question is, does it sound like my stock MC can't keep up and I need an adjustable? Or is it more clutch related? The clutch is a Textralia and I've read that they don't recommend adjustable M/C's but I have seem where it has cured problems just like mine. I have a feeling the clutch just isn't engaging quick enough under mass load.

Any ideas? The clutch has been bled and all the fluid is fresh with the recommended spec fluid. Clutch has about 10-12k on it and the slave was replaced when the clutch was with the newer unit. This is a 1999 Corvette, the car in my sig.

Thanks,
Matt
Old 05-22-2008, 10:31 PM
12 Second Club

is the drill mod something people do on vettes as well?
Old 05-22-2008, 11:11 PM
11 Second Club

Nice looking Z.

Tex does not want you to use an adjustable master because the Mcleod has a larger bore and displaces more fluid than the stock MC. That can over throw the pressure plate fingers. If your clutch engages right off the floor, it may be dragging a bit. I ended up doing the adjustable master mod in the stickies and that seemed to help with dragging on my last Tex.
Old 05-23-2008, 06:21 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by chuckyt1
Nice looking Z.

Tex does not want you to use an adjustable master because the Mcleod has a larger bore and displaces more fluid than the stock MC. That can over throw the pressure plate fingers. If your clutch engages right off the floor, it may be dragging a bit. I ended up doing the adjustable master mod in the stickies and that seemed to help with dragging on my last Tex.
Thanks for the insight and the compliments on the car.

I am going to have the shop drive it and then see what they think needs to happen. Its really annoying as I can't race the car effectively like this.
Old 05-23-2008, 02:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

any other insight?