Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

spec 3+ clutch

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2008, 11:40 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default spec 3+ clutch

just installed a new spec 3+ clutch in my car and it chatters if a let the clutch out real easy so i gota give some gas then let it out. I dont have 500 miles on it but didnt know if that would stop that after 500 miles, but it shifts fine in all other gears but just only does it when i start out. I chose to reuse my old flywheel but i had it resurfaced and they told me that it was warped a little so i didnt know maybe that is the problem please help really onnoying to drive.
Old 06-29-2008, 02:18 AM
TECH Fanatic

Was it warped before they machined it or even after they machined it? If after, that will likely be a problem for you.

The clutch might chatter a bit but should go away after a few hundred miles of city driving.
Old 06-29-2008, 01:01 PM
Launching!

i dont really know if it was after they really didnt say i mean how much could it possiable be warped. When they resurfaced it wouldnt that take it away
Old 06-29-2008, 05:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

clutch chatter in spec clutches is notorious I have even spoken with amber at sixspeedsinc several times about clutch issues and I just learned to deal with it. That or get a diff. clutch set up, however I have noticed the more I drove the car and learned to adjust my driving the chatter was much less, you still may have an issue with the warped flywheel though.