Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

!$^@$%& McLeod Back order HELL #$%^%

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2008, 01:15 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default !$^@$%& McLeod Back order HELL #$%^%

I ordered a McLeod Twin Dual-Disk last month and have been patiently waiting for it to show so I can get my car together and on the road. When I called the vendor I ordered it from last week the vendor called McLeod and I was told it would be shipped Tuesday or Wednesday of this week, but they were waiting on the adj. master. When I called today I was told they won't have the adj. master until the beginning of Sept.!

So, if you are looking into getting a clutch and going to get the McLeod adj. master, be aware that because of a disagreement with the manufacturer that was making the master for McLeod, they have had to go with a new company to produce them and are now having issues getting them to customers inside a 90-day window.
Old 07-11-2008, 01:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

for an lsx setup, the twin disk RST and RXT do no need an adjustable master cylinder.

its is true, mcleod did not enjoy the failure rate of the last vendor for the adj masters. Mcleod did change vendors and there is a wait. However in that time the RST and RXT clutches came out and again do not need a adj. master.
Old 07-11-2008, 04:08 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i ordered mine june 2 and i still havent gotten it, but the vendor did say that mcleod has shipped it and i should be getting it by next week and i agreed with ibanez7 it does not need adj master
Old 07-11-2008, 05:59 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I completely agree that it doesn't need the master. It was just part of the deal when I bought the clutch. I asked the vendor to have McLeod ship the clutch without the master and just ship the master whenever it gets done sometime during my retirement in 2020.