Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Will This Work????????

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2008, 04:40 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Will This Work????????

I was just thinking (I know its dangerous) Why couldnt you put a line lock in your hydraulic line going to the clutch.

I was thinking it would act like a t/brake (sort of) for a m6. If you activate it while the clutch is in and maybe your brake line lock in the same button then you could release the clutck pedal and launch like an automatic w a trans brake. When you release the button it would release like your sidestepping the pedal.

Also if you have a 2step you would have a lot more control of the launch.
Now if any of you who have any expertise in hydo clutches have any knowledge that I am not understanding pleas chime in.
I think this could be a good upgrade for us who are hindered by a hydro clutch setup.

Doug
Old 07-27-2008, 11:46 PM
wrencher

I guess it could but a 2 step & dumping the clutch always worked great for me.
I think the hard part would be adapting it to a line. That & it better hold the pressure or your in for a suprise!
Old 07-28-2008, 12:14 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by wrencher
I guess it could but a 2 step & dumping the clutch always worked great for me.
I think the hard part would be adapting it to a line. That & it better hold the pressure or your in for a suprise!
I did a lot of research today and I found This http://www.mcleodind.com/downloads/p...Fs/Page_10.pdf

I'm going to try this It should make for a fun ride anyway. Also the solonoid will release faster than you can sidestep a clutch. It should be instant. I mean miliseconds vs. hundredths of a second.
Old 07-28-2008, 07:48 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Even if you release the pressure via a switch, it is the movement of the fluid through the size of the tubes that determine how fast the clutch releases. Without the clutch return spring, you can get a good idea of how fast that is based on your clutch pressure plate as that is what is pushing on the slave to push the fluid back into that tiny hydraulic line.

With a line lock, the fluid STILL has to move back into the hydraulic line and still has to move back into the master.

I'd be hard pressed to find if this increases clutch engagement time at all.