Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Textralia flywheel and spec clutch??

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2008, 01:13 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Textralia flywheel and spec clutch??

Ok, so I am in the middle of a transmission rebuild and currently have the Textralia OZ700 in the car with the billet steel flywheel and I have no idea how many miles are on it, I am wanting to switch to the spec 3 while I already have the transmission dropped so I dont have to do everything over again a few thousand miles down the road.....

The Question: can a spec 3 clutch assembly be bolted up to the textralia flywheel??

The flywheel is actually in really good shape, having it resurfaced and only taking off between 5-10 thousandths, so i am wanting to reuse it....Is this even possible??

any input on this would be great cause this rebuild is getting expensive REALLY fast and I am trying to minimize the damage to my credit card, lol...

Thanks guys!
Old 08-10-2008, 08:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

just curious but why do you want to change?
Old 08-10-2008, 09:25 PM
Teching In

Mainly just to minimize the damage that my credit card is recieving....Textralia wont sell any parts seperately (like just a new clutch disc and pressure plate) and the flywheel is like a 350 part of the clutch kit that they offer....

The other reason was that I was having some wierd noise when releasing the clutch in first gear, and like I said I have no idea how many miles are on it, and figured I would go the better safe than sorry route and just start fresh with parts where I know the whole history......
Old 08-10-2008, 09:31 PM
Teching In

That being said, I love the Textralia clutch

My only complaint is that one weird noise that I have and for some reason the pedal feel is rediculously stiff....which also makes me think that something else might be going wrong cause everything that I have read says that they have a near stock pedal feel. I drove a friends SS the other day with a Spec 3 in it and the pedal was WAY lighter than mine. When he drove mine he was truly shocked at how stiff the clutch was and said it was worse than any LSx car that he had ever driven....