Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

drill mod question

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2008, 10:55 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default drill mod question

When I drilled the braided line I hit a point where it wouldn't drill anymore. Is that what its suppose to do or do I need a sharper bit? I've drilled close to an inch. Thanks.

I searched but couldn't find my anwser.
Old 08-16-2008, 12:23 PM
wrencher

It should go thru the restrictor.You drill & then it get thru it You should be able to push the bit back & forth thru it.
Make sre you keep the line cool when you drill it. heard of many damaging them. The excess heat during drilling can damage it.
Old 08-16-2008, 12:25 PM
TECH Resident

I figured out what happened. I broke part of the bit off in the line. Now I'm searching for a new line because I can't get the broke off bit out.
Old 08-22-2008, 01:35 AM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Ouch, thats not gonna be fun gettin that broken bit out. I just did the drill mod on mine today. It takes a 7/64 bit to drill it out, but I used the one bit smaller the first time drilling so not to risk breaking the bit off & at a slower speed. Its amazing how small the inlet size of that line, & its restricted
Hopefully, it results in better launches & shifting at the track. Will find out this weekend. If nothing else, its got clean brake fluid in it cuz the stuff that came out was black. A lot of people say its a 2 man job getting the u-bolt back in. I didnt think it was that bad.

Quick Reply: drill mod question