Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

slave and master cylinder

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2008, 11:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default slave and master cylinder

i believe mine is going out what should i go with as a solid replacement ?
Old 08-23-2008, 12:43 AM
9 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I bought my master cylinder from autozone for a 2002 camaro. I ordered the ac delco one $90. I went with a slave cylinder from Shucks after I looked at it, you have to order it for a 98-2000 because 01-02 slave cylinders are not listed at the auto parts store. Visually inspect the slave and make sure it has a throwout bearing on it as some do not come with one. The slave # is D951004 and should have that directly on the slave and say A-P on it. Make sure the master cylinder also says A-P on it somewhere. These are the same OEM parts that GM sells. Only 1 company that I know of makes these parts and its A-P. If you have any other questions let me know, I also recommend wrapping the slave line with high heat heat resistant wrap. I just rebuilt my whole transmission so if you have any questions let me know. I used the valvoline sythetic dot 3/4 brake fluid and I've never had a problem. Also make sure you do the drill mod if you have not find a 7/64 drill bit not an 1/8 drill. The slightly smaller drill will not drill out the rubber lining of the hose itself like the 1/8 drill will.

This link has some good info on the slave with pictures https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...t+slave+number
Old 08-23-2008, 01:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

ok thanks it should already have a ram adj. master ??? i think ..... my friend owned it before me ....... i just recently installed a spec 3+ clutch and billet fly wheel and it did great for like 1000 maybe 2000 miles cut some 1.50 sixty foots and was just a great clutch then i made a 9 hour drive to houston and it started like slipping but it only does it outa the blue some times it pulls like hell some times it won't do crap ????
Old 08-23-2008, 03:57 PM
9 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

You might have some air in the system. Try bleeding the system first. At what position on the pedal does the clutch disengage? You may need to adjust your slave cylinder if the clutch is not disengaging all the way.
Old 08-23-2008, 11:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

it disengages about two inches maybe three down it feals good as far as that goes huh how do i bleed it ??? new b

Quick Reply: slave and master cylinder