Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

trouble not sure were

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2008, 02:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default trouble not sure were

the car has a spec3+ clutch and ram adj master not long ago it was cutting 1.50 short times and 7.2s in the 1/8 with a passenger this is my daily driver i drive it to houston texas all the time form my home town philadelphia mississippi. well i was all most in houston and i gave it a little gas with it in 6th gear getting on 660 i was doing about 55 mph at the time and it just free reved it didn't jump out of gear just reved. i let out the gas and barely touched the gas to gain speed it did ok well it now does it all the time. i called spec and they said it wasn't the clutch and i don't think it is cause if your above 3 grand you can do what you want and its fine pulles just the same as when i ran the 7.2 but it has no clamping force even when you shift it takes like a second or so to grab but then you can do what ever it wont let go if its above 3ish grand ??????????????? input please thanks
Old 09-01-2008, 12:51 AM
wrencher

Sure sounds like the clutch to me.
Have you tried 4th,5th at a low speed? If it starts rev'n it's a clutch.
Old 09-01-2008, 09:00 AM
TECH Enthusiast

all gears 1-6 at low rpm just revs but all gears at 3000ish or higher will hand most cars there *** ......... and it has no clamping force but when it does get clamped its got alot of holding power

well looks like it will sit for a little while errrrrrrrr