Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

New Spec clutch, installed

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2008, 02:26 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Spec clutch, installed

My car has been inside the garage the last 3 months due to a very fun clutch breakdown! At the same time as the clutch started to slip the Differential broke. Or I got a nice sound coming from it.

So I order a new clutch from a sponsor and they promise me all the time "we will have it here in our stock by the end of this week" Yea right. Next time I will order from one of the bigger companies like jegs or summit because they are fast!

So at last the clutch came, a SPEC Stage 3 unit. I did install it yesterday, same day as it arrived.

I wonder if I have to use the shim behind the cylinder even though i got adjustable master?

By the way is the bleeder the "nut" above the connection line?

Her are my rear end parts.

EATON Possitraction unit, with AAM 3,73 gears

When I dissemble the rear axle I noticed that some previous owner did not do a proper job with the installation. Because every thing was lose, the nut for the pinion was half lose. Not a single shim on the pinion, and stock shims on the differential, so I was able to lift it out with my bare hands! :banghead: :banghead: so that’s why the differential was as it where! O well I probably get the axle back from my friends’ shop tomorrow!

So now it aint that long before i can drive my beauty again.. i might be able to have a blast before the snow comes.