Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

What aftermarket clutch can i run with..

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2008, 05:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What aftermarket clutch can i run with..

a stock resurfaced flywheel?
Old 10-08-2008, 05:49 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We use and recommend the Spec Stage 3+ for most of our builds. They can be used with a resurfaced stock flywheel. Bob
Old 10-08-2008, 10:29 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Exotic Performance Plus
We use and recommend the Spec Stage 3+ for most of our builds. They can be used with a resurfaced stock flywheel. Bob
OP, beware: make sure you do not have your stock flywheel cut to less than .800 (new stocker starts at .820) thick, per Spec. Mine was .025 too thin according to them after I sent it back and they claimed this was the cause for my disengagement issues. Just be sure to have it measured by a reliable person after the cut so that if you experience issues, this is one less thing they can blame the issue on if there is one. My brother has had good luck with his new Spec 3 so far, though, so hopefully you'll have nothing to worry about. Good luck.
Old 10-08-2008, 01:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks, i do have a Ram clutch/pp, when they installed it @ 105K, they didn't resurface the flywheel, i'm surprised it lasted this long, but i'm sure the Ram pp & its stronger clamping force had alot to do with it, the clutch is still holding up, just not under hard launches with the DRs, i'm at my wits end with this crap, i WAS wanting to get it tuned for the nitrous, now i'm back to sqaure 1.