Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Aftermarket Fiberglass Ram Air Hood

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2010, 12:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aftermarket Fiberglass Ram Air Hood

Has anyone had any experience with these hoods? do they even fit properly or get damaged easily? Id like to put a ram air hood and intake on my 2001 trans am and im not sure if a fiberglass hood would deliver a good quality or if im stuck trying to buy an OEM hood.
Old 08-30-2010, 10:09 AM
On The Tree

Depends who you get it from. I seen some that bubble after a year or two. Some that have waves that cant get rid of. Some where the mounting brackets brake off and cant be repaired.

Just investigate who you buy it from.
Old 08-30-2010, 12:10 PM
TECH Resident

Got mine from VFN. Got their new sloped style 4" tall WS6 hood. Fits pretty damn well for only putting it on and not really messing with alignment in 10 minutes. I have a few cell pics if you would like to see it. Its not as tall as you would think sitting in the car either and it looks great. Oh I got the bolt on version, no pin on for this street car. PM me your number if you want a few pics.
Old 08-30-2010, 08:58 PM

wow those pics looked awesome! Ill check out VFN and try to find reviews from people who have had their hoods for a while because ive heard horror stories about fiberglass hoods cracking and warping after months to years of use.
Old 08-31-2010, 01:25 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by BringBackTheBird
wow those pics looked awesome! Ill check out VFN and try to find reviews from people who have had their hoods for a while because ive heard horror stories about fiberglass hoods cracking and warping after months to years of use.
Onebadws6 has their pin on one. Hes had it for years now. Only time he cracked it or messed it up some was when he kissed the wall. The bolt on version is super strong. Has all the under hood bracing that a stock steel hood would have. I've been told and seen alot of guys only use lighter hood shocks, one hood shock, or none at all. I choose not to use any just for the tiny bit of weight savings because its easier to take it out of the car than me.
Old 09-01-2010, 01:27 PM
8 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have the vhn ws9 hood and the fit SUCKED

Quick Reply: Aftermarket Fiberglass Ram Air Hood