Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

BAD Maaco Experience in Lafayette, IN

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2013, 08:48 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs down BAD Maaco Experience in Lafayette, IN

I had a horrible experience with Maaco.

My car got backed into last summer. I needed a new bumper cover, tail light, and the driver side rear quarter needed some mild dent work. Maaco was the third party being that the shop I took it to outsourced some body work to them. Maaco ordered the wrong bumper first (for a Firebird, not a Trans Am), they broke the second one, my shop ordered the next one and made sure it got there safely. After paint, they put the bumper on wrong which caused the rear bumper crush pad to push up on the fiberglass causing an awkward bump. They returned the car to my shop, to their customer with the awkward bump. In addition they forgot to paint parts of the rear quarter, and they carelessly put the replacement taillight in. My shop told Maaco to fix it, they took it back and refitted the bumper. The bump was still there, still there! Maaco told my shop that they were going to heat up the bump and place books there overnight to see if it was going to get better. (WTF?! With brand new paint?) The next morning I drove to my shop. Me and the owner went to Maaco to show the Maaco main owner/manager their handy work. At this time the taillight and rear quarter hadn't even been repaired correctly yet.

I took the car back to my shop as we took the cover off and refitted it. We had to do some minor grinding on the crush pad, but we put the cover on and it BARELY had a bump, probably from the two improper installations. With the sun's help and a little time it disappeared. The unpainted part of the rear quarter was taken care of with some simple GM touch up paint. The owner of my shop stopped all business with Maaco after this experience, which says a lot coming from a highly well known and respected man (I won't name drop on here...) and shop.

Took over a month thanks to Maaco. I will never go to them again for ANYTHING.
Old 05-05-2013, 09:39 PM
Launching!

This was surprising for you?
Old 05-06-2013, 10:36 AM
Teching In

It was my first experience with Maaco...
Old 05-06-2013, 10:50 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ya Maaco is notorious for crap like you described,
Typical low end body shop
Old 05-06-2013, 11:32 AM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Lol....uummm, anyone ever hear of a good one?
Old 05-06-2013, 03:21 PM
Teching In

Well, now I know. Haha.

Does anyone know of a good place to respray my Trans Am Headlight Covers & Mirrors?
Old 05-06-2013, 04:33 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'd recommend a place, but im about 2 hours away from you and I doubt you want that kind of drive for some body work.

Quick Reply: BAD Maaco Experience in Lafayette, IN