Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Good machine shops near Milwaukee?

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2014, 07:09 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Good machine shops near Milwaukee?

Anybody have any machine shops/engine builders they can recommend near Milwaukee, maybe Chicago area? I was told C&S performance in Butler does good work. However the owner says they dont do a lot of ls based stuff mostly old school sbc bbc type builds, so Im wondering if I may want to look into a builder with more lsx experience?
Old 02-10-2014, 01:49 PM
FormerVendor

we do a lot ls1 to lsx inclu sleeving , from machining ,building , dyno ing but we about 1 1/2 hours from you , but I get up there 1 a month let me know if I can help or give me a call 815-254-2333 thanks
Old 02-11-2014, 01:23 PM
Teching In

C & S and Borchardts Speed Shop on south 27th are the only two local shops that I know of. I don't think either are really into LS stuff though. We use Borchardts for machining on old SBC & BBC stuff but I have never seen anything LS while i've been in their machine shop. You will probably end up in the Chicago area for that.
Old 02-23-2014, 06:30 PM
11 Second Club

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Mick's auto machine in Racine (Eaton Lane/Rapids Drive)...262-637-9359 was their old number which still forwards to the owner's (Rich) cell phone now. They'll machine anything and are very meticulous. I use C&S as well as other shops for old school stuff but my premium racing **** and odd ball (Buick, Olds, Pontiac, Caddy) engines I have them machine. They're not cheap nor fast but the stuff is perfect.
There is also a place near the lake call Don's which was recently purchased by new owners and a fella I know named Randy Plotz works there. They machined a numbers matching 401 AMC engine for my friend's Javelin, although I've never personally taken anything there as it's like 1.5 hours south of where I live.
Old 02-24-2014, 03:40 PM
Teching In

NVR in Butler WI does all my work, and they are top notch. Give Tom a call, he is a great guy to deal with

Quick Reply: Good machine shops near Milwaukee?