Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Paint shops in central/northern IL?

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2014, 04:10 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Paint shops in central/northern IL?

Posted this in the paint & body forum but no response. Looking to get a full or partial repaint on a black 01 WS6. Been to half a dozen shops in bloomington and they charge upwards of 55+ per hour, then explain that they don't want to do the service anyway because there is no profit in it

One quote was over 1400 just to do the hood. Estimate covered stripping it down, priming, leveling and priming again before color, clear and polish.

Anyway, I would be willing to go as far north from central IL as naperville/schaumburg. Someone has to have good experiences with some shops in this area.

Thanks ahead
Old 07-23-2014, 04:41 PM
Teching In

Also, I was curious if it may cost less money to buy a WS9 hood and get it painted than to have my current hood stripped and repainted. Basically $660 ships it almost ready to paint, and I could sell my OEM WS6 hood (albeit not for much) to recoup some cost. Something I've been mulling. Any input is appreciated.
Old 07-24-2014, 01:45 PM
Teching In

Did you try Bob Zook autobody off Towanda Barnes behind the Airport? I know quite a few people that have used them without any issues.
Old 07-25-2014, 11:25 AM
Teching In

I haven't talked to them yet. They hadn't come up when I was searching around. Guess I need to work on my skills. Thanks for the suggestion.

Quick Reply: Paint shops in central/northern IL?