Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Any wannabe tuners, northside Chicago?

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2015, 08:29 AM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Any wannabe tuners, northside Chicago?

Hey, so Ive been tuning my own ls car for 2 years. Its going well and Ive learned a ton. I have about 15 years in the automotive field as a technician and now a foreman running a large shop. My car is a hobby/toy and Im messing with it all the time as we all are.

Im a believer that 2 or more minds is always better than one. That got me thinking that there are probably others around me that tune their own cars, post questions on forums, buy dvds, books and generally learning to tune on their own for the most part. The internet has a lot of opinions and some times you just need to make your own call. What if you could bounce your questions off another guy in the same shoes?

I want to see if there is someone close by that would be interested in teaming up on tuning our cars. Bounce questions off each other, share knowledge, meet up for data logging, dyno rentals, track tuning, emailing files for opinions. Basically everything tune related using hptuners.

I want to be clear. Not looking to tune anyones car or to have mine tuned. This is not a service for money or anything close to that. I am not a pro and and only do this for fun.

People Im looking for have to be well versed in automotive knowledge. Examples would be fellow mechanics, people that went to tech school, self taught guys who work on cars and understand cars well.

I am not looking to teach anyone how an engine functions. Would need to be someone that can contribute to the conversation and know they will get solid knowledge and effort back.

My car is a 900whp turbo 3bar os 2001 Trans Am tuned using hptuners. You may see me driving it around the edison park area around Harlem and Touhy and making Mexico blasts on 90/94 late night. I have tuned it at the track and rented dyno time. I am most definitely not a pro but not a noob either.

Thanks for reading.

Alex 312 731 2129

Quick Reply: Any wannabe tuners, northside Chicago?