Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

vintage race weekend at road america....

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2005, 06:33 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default vintage race weekend at road america....

If any of you have a chance to get to elkhart lake, WI for vintage race weekend, DO IT! The cars you see that weekend are simply stunning. I live in Kiel, a small town 10 minutes from Road America, and this past weekend I saw cars that I never thought I'd see in my life....so many ferarri's, vipers, porsche's, aston martin's, vette's, lambo's, anything you can possibly think of. My friend said he saw an enzo, and a rolls royce phantom. My favorite that I saw was the 35th anniversary special edition TA, the yellow one, the most beautiful car I've ever seen. Anyways, if you get a chance, check that out sometime in your life!!!
Old 07-17-2005, 08:38 PM
wrencher

There's gonna be a rental there in October MFBA's putting on. Almost anyone can run their car on road america that weekend Look here ; http://roadamerica.fbody.us/
Old 07-19-2005, 04:15 PM
On The Tree

yea i was thinking about going to check that out....i wouldnt drive my car in it since i dont really have the funds to upgrade brakes and all that good stuff, but i may go over there and ....wasnt there a weekend in april or may for f-bodies and other cars to drive out there too?
Old 07-19-2005, 10:00 PM
wrencher

Ya the same club rents the track twice a year. Look at the site, there are 4 different levels you can run at. You can start out at the newbie level, which is not as hard on the car. All the details are on that site.
Old 07-20-2005, 08:58 AM
10 Second Club

There was a big wreck their this weekend! BIG!
Old 07-20-2005, 06:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Anyone on here who went and took pics... PLEASE POST THEM!!! I used to go to the Redman/Lynch event every year back in the mid-late '90's, and I miss that **** sooooo much. I really wanna go back next year. There are so many exotics there it's ridiculous.