Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Ticket question(Illinois)

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2007, 08:58 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ticket question(Illinois)

I got a ticket today for the window tint on my Z. I was on an interstate overpass outside of town and a state trooper was getting off the interstate just as I was passing and within seconds I see flashing lights in the rearview. I wasnt speeding, hell I was doing 5 under cause I saw him and wasnt looking for trouble. I have no prior tickets or warnings and he still gave me ticket for $75. I bought the car over a year ago in missouri and the previous owner had the tint done. I pass my cities cops all the time with the windows up and have never had any trouble as well as several state cops. I have already removed the tint however as I am not looking for more trouble. Should I try to get the ticket thrown out in court? I would appreciate your opinions
Old 07-04-2007, 09:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

bring in pics of the tint removed and it should be thrown out
Old 07-04-2007, 10:39 PM
Staging Lane

May be thrown out is more like it, but it can't hurt to show the judge you have taken action to remove the tint. Illinois law allows you to have the rear window tinted as well as rear passenger windows (for cars with that many windows). You can only have the top 6" of the windshield and/or front windows (driver/passenger) tinted. Some cops are more picky than others, with ISP usually being being the worst. Give your local States Attorney's office about 7-10 working days to get the ticket information. Call them (traffic division) and see what they suggest to do to have the ticket dropped.
Old 07-04-2007, 11:15 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

only option is to bring in pics of the car (or similar) with no tints... and then hope you don't get busted by the same cop again or in the same county

Doesn't matter that you bought the car from someone in Missouri... it's your responsibility to bring it up to the state requirements

Personally ... I love the look of a car with limo tint all around... but it's not worth the hastles
Old 07-05-2007, 03:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

That will not work in plaifield. 75 plus court costs. what a bi***
Old 07-05-2007, 03:56 PM
Retired Street Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have gotten 3 tickets in the same county for tint. I just keep paying the fine b/c it is not a moving violation. I refuse to take it off. The light bothers my glaucoma.
Old 07-06-2007, 07:59 PM
Teching In

take the car when you go to court, so the judge can see it is removed, or ticket forsure.

Quick Reply: Ticket question(Illinois)