Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

OUCH, that had to hurt PACKER fans and Superbowl is now a big BORE!

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2008, 11:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OUCH, that had to hurt PACKER fans and Superbowl is now a big BORE!

MAN, I can't believe the Packers lost to the GIANTS tonight in frigid Lambeau Field, and although I am a hardcore BEARS fan, you have to respect FAVRE, and the Packers vs Patriots would have been a **** of a lot more entertaining game than the Patriots vs. Giants (which is just a big ******* bore)

Maybe it's time for Brett to hang up his jockey strap once and for all after a Brilliant career!
Old 01-21-2008, 09:33 AM
Scammer Alert!

no packer fans chiming it yet? They must have used ML King day as an excuse to take today off.
Old 01-21-2008, 10:35 AM
12 Second Club

Yes, my Packers had every opportunity to win that game; re-captured ball after interception, two missed kicks, 3 crucial defensive stops etc etc.
If there was ever a time we needed Favre to step up and make something happen it was last night after that coin toss.....instead he folded under pressure Mind you i'm a Packer fan, in fact wearing a Packer sweater as I speak.
You have to give them credit though for doing as well as they did this season with such a young team.
Old 01-21-2008, 10:36 AM
12 Second Club

You also have to hand it to Eli....as much as he looks like a little candy a$$ he threw a good game.
Old 01-21-2008, 11:01 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Yeah I am also a life long Bears fan and no other team comes close, Bear Down, but I was rooting for the Packers yesterday 1. Because it would have made a lot better Super Bowl 2. I was at Soldier Field and saw the Bears beat the Packers this year so I was hoping the Favre would win the Super Bowl and then retire and I could say that I saw him lose his last game at Soldier Field.

Btw did Favre say anything about how cold it was because I know he said that the Bears game this year was the most miserable that he had ever been during a game. I know it was actually colder last night but I was just wondering if he said it worse for him then at Soldier Field.
Old 01-21-2008, 11:06 AM
12 Second Club

I couldn't get myself to watch any news feeds of the Packers.
Old 01-21-2008, 11:06 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by greg_74
Yeah I am also a life long Bears fan and no other team comes close, Bear Down, but I was rooting for the Packers yesterday 1. Because it would have made a lot better Super Bowl 2. I was at Soldier Field and saw the Bears beat the Packers this year so I was hoping the Favre would win the Super Bowl and then retire and I could say that I saw him lose his last game at Soldier Field.

Btw did Favre say anything about how cold it was because I know he said that the Bears game this year was the most miserable that he had ever been during a game. I know it was actually colder last night but I was just wondering if he said it worse for him then at Soldier Field.

GREG,

I recall that when FAVRE said that about the Soldiers Field Game "this was the worse conditions he ever played in" it was clear he was referring to the freezing temps and the 30 mph wind gusts, (which was not nearly as windy last night but it certainly was colder last night).

As a hardcore Bear's fan I do give credit to the Packers for a great season and was surprised that Brett through that shitty interception that cost them the game (leading to boring Superbowl).

Who knows though, the GIANTS are on a roll a just might beat the PATRIOTS which would be very cool!
Old 01-21-2008, 11:10 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Chicago Crew UnderBoss
GREG,

I recall that when FAVRE said that about the Soldiers Field Game "this was the worse conditions he ever played in" it was clear he was referring to the freezing temps and the 30 mph wind gusts, (which was not nearly as windy last night but it certainly was colder last night).
Yeah thats why I was wondering if he said it was worse or not because it wasn't as windy last night but it was colder vs. the Chicago game because it was 16 deg. and the wind was a lot worse, just wondering if he said anything.
Old 01-21-2008, 11:11 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Chicago Crew UnderBoss
GREG,

Who knows though, the GIANTS are on a roll a just might beat the PATRIOTS which would be very cool!
You know it's not out of the question, they beat a tough Dallas at home and a tough GB at home, neither of those were easy. I still don't think they have what it takes to beat the Pats though.
Old 01-21-2008, 11:13 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by greg_74
Yeah thats why I was wondering if he said it was worse or not because it wasn't as windy last night but it was colder vs. the Chicago game because it was 16 deg. and the wind was a lot worse, just wondering if he said anything.
Definitely subzero, did you see the Giants coache's face...kinda looked like red plastic lol
Old 01-21-2008, 01:33 PM
Scammer Alert!

they did have a hell of a season, i think the best thing that came from all of it was the fact they got to see all the young talent they have. Jennings is a hell of a reciever, grant is going to be a workhouse, i like Poppinga at linebacker, hawk is a beast
Old 01-21-2008, 04:04 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,103 Likes on 723 Posts

Pack had a great season, but they were not always consistent and that's how it goes. I hope the Giants can stop the Patriots even though I grew up in MA.
Old 01-22-2008, 05:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I am a huge Packer fan and was at that game. I would have to say that is the coldest I have ever been and I am outside in that weather almost all the time for work. The Packers had a chance in that game. I am not going to say there was one certain individual that caused the outcome or that the refs had a lot to do with it. Those are all just excuses. Favre and the rest of the team had a great year. Better than anyone predicted at the beginning of the season. This was just one game that they did not come and play the way they have many time this season and what a bad game to have that happen. All in all I hope Favre decides to come back and they are able to straighten things up next year. But whatever happens it was still a great year. And you Bears fans have something to brag about too 2-0 against us.