Military Hotrod Club For our members in the Armed Forces

Corrective training for a dirty kid?

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2010, 06:25 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by joblo1978
I'm at Casey. I know Tokgeuri just because I patrol out there while in shift (MP). Tokgeuri is dead now. Some of the clubs with the really hot ones like Fox Woods are no longer there.

I'm happily married so I don't visit those places on my off time, but this particular Soldier does. I can see how those places would be really tempting to a guy like him, but it's still not worth it.

He is currently restricted to post as he is a PT failure, my platoon does that, so no more juicy for him for awhile.
did the same thing to a few of my soldiers too, restricted to Hovey actually...

I am a 19D, so I did the Ville walk as well...it did suck

good luck, sooo many things for soldiers to get in trouble over there, i didn't like it at all
Old 08-27-2010, 08:04 PM
Staging Lane

I was there a little while ago, been a few years I do believe that what was said may be partially correct, with going to behavioral health. If even just to talk to him for an appointment or two. He can be command refered, I know they have more important things to do, but if Joe Snuffy really is depressed adn has more pressure put onto him, that attitude may go from don't care one day to toally snapped the next...just saying

If you know thats not it, help him care. We did have a soldier in the barracks that never cared, his room smelled of stale beer and B.O. First he complained he couldn't afford soap to wash his ***...then soap for his clothes, then soap for his room. Finally we just all pitched in, gave it to him. It was all about communicating, not intimidating. Others, unfortunetly, just don't care, so every attempt goes null, those are the ones that we had checking into the cq desk every two hours to have them go look at progress of clothes, the smell in the room, the look of the floors. I really don't see you being able to "make" the soldier wash, unless its a health risk to himself...find yourself a 68M or 68S and see what they can tell you about being clean, might be a loophole because he is endangering his roommate and his health, and well as the medical wellness and readiness of the unit...badabing!
Old 08-27-2010, 09:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

So have you tried talking to him?
Old 08-28-2010, 10:39 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by joker_01z28
thats what I would have said, restricted to post (px hospital barracks only) make him was his clothing every other day or so and lotsa pt.
Run his *** up Casey's cut a couple times or better yet run him around the horn ( you know Hovey=Tokeri=Dongduchon=Casey) that will shed those pounds let me tell ya.
Old 08-29-2010, 01:29 PM
NKAWTG...N

Fire hose.

Seriously...give a 6 pack to the fire guys and they will be down.
Old 08-29-2010, 02:54 PM
11 Second Club

I have had 2 soldier's of my own through my career with this type of issue. The first soldier alway stunk of B.O. I had verbally counseled him offline a couple of times about it. The thing is, he took like 2-4 showers a day when he could but still smelled....i told him to go to sick call about it. Some people have medical conditions that cause them to sweat too much and stink and stuff....but they have prescription deordorant for stuff like that...as well as other things...he did it and the problem was solved.
Now the second soldier, he's a lot like your soldier. this guy has problems for days....i would be here typing all day to get into them all. Here's what you do. 1. verbally counsel him for the first offense 2. write up a 4856 simply stating that personal hygiene not only effects himself but other in his squad/platoon/section and could spread illness. corrective action: just simply ensure he understands the importance of personal hygiene and ensures he understands he needs to keep clean. 3. another 4856 if he is still dirty. then include the corrective action of the first 4856 with an essay on the importance of personal hygiene. 4. another 4856 but this time have him do a TA-50 layout every morning and inspect his quarters and his gear for cleanliness and what not.

if this failes you have 4 (one being verbal) counselings and you can recommend him for UCMJ action. and it seems as though he has other issues as well, so if you have a paper trails on the rest of those problems as well you can compound all of this and give him a Company Grade Article 15 or even a Field Grade (if you have the paperwork squared away). If taking his time and money away doesn't solve the problem and the problem still exists than continue to write him up and then chapter his *** out for patterns of misconduct.

The best thing to do when yo have a problem soldier though is to try to help him out at first. Counseling isn;t about punishing a soldier. It's about helping the soldier. So the corrective action of the first couple of counselings shouldn't be punishments, but things that will help the soldier. then, from there you start punishing the soldier for failing to better himself through counseling. If time/and money aren't important to the soldier and he still doesn't change, then he doesn't belong in the military, plain and simple.

I totally understand trying to keep things at the lowest level, but when that doesn;t work you have to step it up to the next level.....or just leave with having a shitbag soldier.
Old 08-30-2010, 01:31 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Punish the whole platoon. Everyone should be their brothers keeper. I'd start with a 5 mile run, obstacle course, and end with digging fighting holes. It's going to take a few NCO's helping you to make this happen. Bust down the morale and build it back up. This individual is thinking as an individual and clearly not as a team.
Old 09-01-2010, 07:40 AM

Well if your thread did nothing to the Soldier it got me to register on this forum. LOL I have been playing this game for 23 years now and have had my share of these types. As for the PT failure and weight control problems your company should have a special pops program that the Soldier should be enrolled in. He should also be flagged for both. As for his hygiene problems I would hope you have a stake of 4856’s on this kid. If nothing is getting through to him from what others have posted and you have done all you can I would start with an Admin reductions of rank. All your CO has to do is sign a 4187 and he is one rank less. This is not a UCMJ action, I have used this in the past to jump start a Soldiers I give a dam meter. If this doesn’t work then I would move on to UCMJ and if this still has no effect it’s time for the chapter.
Old 09-14-2010, 07:29 PM
12 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 02 BLK WS6
Punish the whole platoon. Everyone should be their brothers keeper. I'd start with a 5 mile run, obstacle course, and end with digging fighting holes. It's going to take a few NCO's helping you to make this happen. Bust down the morale and build it back up. This individual is thinking as an individual and clearly not as a team.
I have to honestly say this is the biggest thing I have always hated about the military. If the effected member doesnt care, than he wont care about the method you suggested with punishing other people as well. It doesnt effect him and make him feel guilty, and then on the same hand, you are punishing good soldiers/airman/sailors for not even ******* up. Horrible Idea IMO. But thats is just it, my opinion.
Old 09-15-2010, 12:06 AM
Banned

Well, here's an update on this particular Soldier. He seems to have handled his hygiene issue. I think diming him out in front of his peers worked as well as some peer pressure he may have received. He was counseled for the incident, had to completely move out of his room and GI it before I let him move back in. He also produced a 2000 word essay on field sanitation. He has also recently passed his PT test, barely.

I don't believe in mass punishment, always hated it, and the old leadership FM 22-100 doesn't condone mass punishment either. I have been victim to mass punishment and all it did for me was despise the individual responsible and the leadership implementing it. Mass punishment doesn't work and Soldiers need to be accountable for their own actions.

As far as flags and reductions go, a Soldier cannot be punished for PT failures and 600-9 failures in their 1st year in the Army. Soldiers can pass basic training as a PT and 600-9 failure and still get shipped to the unit. My platoon recently had 3 PV2's that were PT failures and overweight get promoted to PFC because they got promoted automatically. Now that their year is over though, it's game on.

As I posted earlier though, I'm also in Korea. You wouldn't think things are different here but they are. Korea has alot of isms and once you come here, you will see. As far as NCO support, I am the only American NCO in my Squad. I am basically a team leader for 15 Soldiers/KATUSA's.
Old 09-15-2010, 12:49 PM
12 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't believe in mass punishment, always hated it, and the old leadership FM 22-100 doesn't condone mass punishment either. I have been victim to mass punishment and all it did for me was despise the individual responsible and the leadership implementing it. Mass punishment doesn't work and Soldiers need to be accountable for their own actions.
Agreed 100%
Old 09-15-2010, 03:14 PM
On The Tree

I'm at Casey.
Hey so since you're sorta close, have you heard what they did with Camp Greaves? I heard the locals raided that ******* place after we left... smoking cigars in the Col.'s office and such...
Old 09-15-2010, 05:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

thats good to hear he is re motovated

Quick Reply: Corrective training for a dirty kid?