Military Hotrod Club For our members in the Armed Forces

USMC recruiting duty, questions about dual active duty spouse/orders

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2012, 04:21 AM
10 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default USMC recruiting duty, questions about dual active duty spouse/orders

I'm a Sgt in the Marines, soon to be married. I just recieved recruiting duty orders (voulenteered). My Fiance is also active duty and is stationed at the same base as I am. My question is, if I complete the school and get orders somewhere, will my spouse also get orders to the closest reserve station or base? Is I&I duty an option for her? Just trying to figure out if we're going to spend the next 2 1/2 years apart until we EAS or if its a common practice to keep us in the same area? Any thoughts/opinions/experiences would be a great help.
Old 05-03-2012, 02:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

I know on the reservist's side, I had a buddy who got transferred in his civilian job across the state. His wife was in the same reserve unit - a 5min phone conversation between each reserve Co's 1stSgt was all it took to get her transferred too. Id say run it up each of your chains of command and Im pretty sure every effort is made to keep you two as close as possible
Old 05-04-2012, 02:12 PM
10 Second Club

I read the order on personnel assignment, but the only problem is that you have to be married for one year before you can submit an AA form for request to establish a joint household. I dont know if those same rules apply for SDA assignments and just an general AA form, as long as the persons submitting has met the minimum TOS requirements.
Old 05-05-2012, 07:20 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Depends on a lot of things. First off, what is your wife's MOS? I&I staffs need certain MOSs. Why doesn't your wife volunteer for recruiting duty too? If she is a squared away Marine, most RS's want female recruiters whenever they can get thier hands on them and you could get a BNR to a specific RS. Chances are that if you both go on the duty, you might end up working at two different RSS's under the same RS, that might not be that far from eachother. (like 30 minutes, and you find a place to live in between the two)
Also, the RS has certain A Billets that non recruiting duty Marines fill.

Quick Reply: USMC recruiting duty, questions about dual active duty spouse/orders