Military Hotrod Club For our members in the Armed Forces

Who can I talk to?

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2007, 10:35 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Who can I talk to?

Here's my situation.. (US Army)
I'm stationed at Cp Carroll in South Korea, serving only 12 months. I got busted for underage drinking (I'm 20) and got a field grade article 15. I didn't lose any rank or any money, all they gave me was 30/30. The BC told me that if I got into any trouble at all, he would pull my rank and I'll be PFC again.

Ever since then, it seems like my NCO's are trying to do WHATEVER to get me into trouble. I recently got in trouble for being "Late" for movement to Sergeants Time training located at another camp 30 minutes away (Cp Walker). Supposedly, the information was put out the day before, when it was told to one of my co-workers who was getting ready for CQ duty. My supervisor told him to relay the message to another one of my co-workers who had the day off because of CQ duty the night before. At the time my supervisor was telling him this, I was told to dispatch a vehicle so I was concentrating on finding the papers (Our motorpool is ghetto beyond all words) and wasn't listening, because my supervisor was NOT talking to me, he was giving my co-worker a message to give to someone else because he was leaving for CQ duty.. At the end of the day, I cleaned up and got ready for extra duty. I was released without any word on what was going to happen the next day...

At around 4:28, my supervisor is banging at my door and hollaring at me, telling me that he told me to be at the motorpool at 4:15, and that it was put out the day before. I went downstairs and there was a Humvee waiting, with our shop foreman sitting in the commanders seat. She jumps out and starts screaming at me, telling me "Oh, you're gonna get it this time, you ain't gettin' away from your punishment this time. He told you 4:15 at the motorpool, I was sitting there when he said it!" and dropped me. She asked what my problem was, and as I was trying to explain that I never got the message, she told me to shut up and wouldn't let me explain anything. I did manage to get out "He wasn't even talking to me, he was talking to *the co-worker he was talking to*" (The co-worker that was to relay the message), and she said "Even though he didn't get your attention you should have been listening anyways!" After getting dropped, I jumped into the humvee and went to our designated training area..

Later on that day, I talked to the co-worker who my supervisor told to relay the message, and come to find out, he never put the time out at all, and didn't even finish the message and just told him that he'll give the other co-worker a call to let him know what was going on.

I also talked with the other co-worker who was supposed to get the message, but simply got a text message stating the uniform and not the time. He then called and asked because the message wasn't clear to him and my supervisor told him "I'll be there to pick you guys up at 4:20 in front of the barracks".

Does anyone see anything fishy here?? Why would they tell me to be at the **Motorpool** at 4:15 when they told my other co-worker that they will pick *us* up at 4:20 **in front of the barracks**, when I was supposed to get my orders from a conversation that wasn't even directed towards me? I tried to explain this to my Commander and he said that he'll find out whats going on, only to get chewed out by my 1sgt saying that I jumped the chain of command, which I honestly am guilty for. I felt I didn't have a choice, nobody was listening. Now, what my 1sgt said was "It's bullshit that they have to come by the barracks to pick you up because you didn't do the right thing!". THAT right there tells me that my NCO's did NOT tell the full story, and made it seem that I was completely at fault and that I'm a shitbag soldier who made a choice not to show up somewhere where I was not informed of the time OR place.

I honestly feel that they are out to get me, because our motorpool has a LOONG history of EO complaints and abuse because our motorpool is located at a different camp than the rest of our company. It's like they have free reign over us without having to worry about anyone above them finding out. Please, someone give me some guidance as to who I can talk to.. Also, everyone in the motorpool feels the same way, there is no motivation to go to work because our NCO's make it such a stressful work environment. I could go on and on and on about how bad our leadership is and how stressful it is at work but I feel that I have wrote enough. I'm just asking for some guidance, I'm at a loss and just don't know what to do anymore. Sometimes I feel like giving up..

Last edited by Raptor427; 04-04-2007 at 11:00 PM.
Old 04-04-2007, 10:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

This is the wrong area for this, especially mentioning names.

PM Sent
Old 04-05-2007, 07:56 AM
TECH Senior Member

Take it up the COC if you truly feel you are being wronged. You will have a hard time with the COC I would imagine since you likely arent on their good list right now. If if are having that much communication issues with your NCO's then bring it up to them and have a counseling session to get it on paper the issues you are having. I would try to resolve the issue with the NCO's themselves instead of going over their heads. Explain to them that you cant be expected to know things that were not told to you.
Old 04-05-2007, 09:15 AM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Dude I so read this on AKO...lol SFC burgess pretty much laid it out for yea..but my input is this I feel your pain I know how it is in Korea cause you guyus are so small you are on the radar big time..You may have to suck this up and hopefully your CO is smart enough to shift through the BS..just ride it out you will be ok..
Old 04-05-2007, 10:01 AM
On The Tree

Look dude... As an E-6 I can understand what you are going through. While it has never happened to me, your sit, I've seen it before. The only advice I can give is this.

1. brad8266 is right your COC might not be looking to help. Not because they don't want to or they are bad leaders but they are going to trust the oppinions of your NCO's because they don't work anywhere near you.

2. Ask questions!!!! While you might get some **** for bugging the NCO's if you ask at COB and after your ED at the end of the night you will always have the most current info.

3. Always have a means to be contacted if info changes. Buy a cell if you don't have one alerady. Make sure the # is on the phone roster and EVERY ONE has it.

4. Find an NCO that YOU TRUST and has a good rep in the BN. This might be the best thing that you can do. If you keep him or her up to date on what is happening they will be able to go to bat for you in the future and expose any unfair treatment that is going on. Also they will be able to explain the bigger picture to you and what you think might be unfair really is not, not saying this sit is fair.

5. Don't BITCH!! Even the best NCO's get tired of this and start to tune you out after a while. I know that things suck right now but bitching will only draw more attention to you. You don't want that.

6. Keep any space that is yours, room, work area etc, spotless. If someone is saying that they are getting unfair treatment but they live and work like a pig the comlpaint will be taken less seriouslly. If you have a roommate keep your side spotless even if he dose'nt.

7. Become the best worker in your shop. Never sit around doing noithing. When the assigned work is done there is always something else to do. Find a broom or clean up the latrine. Find something. Don't let anyone say that you are lazy.

8. Don't give up. Things are shitty right now but ED will end, leaders will rotate out and you will leave Korea. The Army is a small place. I have been in since Sep 11 1997 and I still run into people that I went to basic with even after I reclassed from 11B to 15R.

9. This might sound dumb but it works. Keep a log of your times and what you did. If you have to stand on the carpet again and are being accused of not working or being late exact times, dates and actions can go a long way.
CO: You were late/have'nt been working. Art 15 for you.
You: On that day I got to work at xxxxhrs and started this at xxxxhrs finished at xxxxhrs ect.
OR
You: I talked to SSG x at xxxxhrs and was told xxxxhrs to be there then I checked again at xxxxhrs talked to SSG y and noithing had changed/was chainged to xyxxhrs.

10. DON'T JUMP THE COC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Noithing pisses me off more than finding out one of me troops jumped me and went straight to the CO. All you have to do is tell your 1st line sup. that you need to talk to the PSG and that it's a problem that they can't help with. Tell your PSG that you need to talk to the CO using their open door policy and that it's a problem that they can't help with. I'm sure that your CO has an open door policy but you still need to let your 1st line and PSG know that you are using it. And don't get loud or argue if the 1st line or PSG pushes to find out what you want to talk to the CO about. Just insist that it is personal and only the CO can help.

11. Most important of all. The Army is a game. Learn to play it. Learn the rules of the game not just the rules of the Army. People **** with you. Fine. Don't take personal even if the other person wants it to be. You still go home at the end of the night and watch tv, God I hate AFN, play Xbox whatever. You still get paid. If you stay in long enugh you will find that it never changes. The only diff is that I just don't give a **** about what other people do or say anymore. I can do that, rember I'm an E-6, I don't suggest that to you right now.

As a last resort AFTER you have done all of the above and things have not gotten better is try IG or JAG. I say this is a last resort because you really need facts and dates to make them take you seriouslly. Not a weeks worth of info but two or more months worth. They get people in ther all the time screaming unfair treatment but never have any facts or dates or if they do it's only one or two days worth and they, IG or JAG, decide very fast that the indv is just pissed and not really being treated ufairlly so noithing is ever done by them.

I hope this helps.
Old 04-05-2007, 10:53 AM
SCRWS6

Def PTG-Play the game, you got some good advice here, take it

Quick Reply: Who can I talk to?