Multimedia Exchange Videos | Sound Clips | Photos | Photoshop

New Satin Gray and Flat Black paint job

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2010, 08:38 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

fill the holes in your bumper from front plate. the gap around your bumper, front quarter panel, and headlights dont look right. i would also shave the door handles.I would put some kind of metal ring around your exhaust, right now from the pics it just looks like you cut a hole in the side . other than that i really like the truck

(just thought i would give you a few idea's)

edit just read whole thread. so ignore comment about exhaust. but i would also fill the square holes in the bed. its the little touches that complete a vehicle for me.

Last edited by camaro-94-z28; 05-03-2010 at 08:46 PM.
Old 05-03-2010, 09:16 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by nick122590
one of the best lookin trucks iv seen. IMO i think you should put an ss front bumper on it. iv also seen rear bumbers that are flat with the tail gate. if you do both and make the strip extend all the way down i think it would be perfect IMO
Roll pan? i agree, SS style bumper and a roll pan would set it off.. only problem is, then you lose your tow hitch and that would mean color matching..
Old 05-03-2010, 10:56 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by violent_celerity
Roll pan? i agree, SS style bumper and a roll pan would set it off.. only problem is, then you lose your tow hitch and that would mean color matching..
couldnt you just modify it to fit? couldnt be that hard
Old 05-04-2010, 01:10 AM
TECH Senior Member

ill trade ya my left nut right now cmon, title/***** in hand
Hmmmm...Tempting but not so much what I'd consider a fair trade!

Originally Posted by camaro-94-z28
fill the holes in your bumper from front plate. the gap around your bumper, front quarter panel, and headlights dont look right. i would also shave the door handles.I would put some kind of metal ring around your exhaust, right now from the pics it just looks like you cut a hole in the side . other than that i really like the truck

(just thought i would give you a few idea's)

edit just read whole thread. so ignore comment about exhaust. but i would also fill the square holes in the bed. its the little touches that complete a vehicle for me.
All ideas are appreciated!!
- Filling the holes in the front of the bumper was my fault, I completely forgot about it...
- Your observations about the bumper being mis-aligned are spot on, the body shop I went to, although decent/good at paint, really SUCK at reassembly. I won't get into details but there are a few things I am gonna have to drag my welder out and fix, most notably the bumper brackets, as they were not welded on correctly. (the front is from an HD)
- Shaving the handles would be Actually here's a photoshop that a buddy of mine did...Shaved handles, slammed, tinted headlights

However if I did the handles than I could not run at the track, and believe it or not I'm trying to get this heavy pig into the 9's.

-As far as the bed caps/mounting holes, this is my daily driver and I use it to haul all sorts of crap and I still need the mounting points, otherwise I would of had those filled!!

Originally Posted by violent_celerity
Prior to getting the truck painted I started a thread/poll on PT.net about which was better, the SS bumper or the HD front end and the HD front end won by a 80 percent. I'm actually trying to sell the SS cover that I have...interested!!

couldnt you just modify it to fit? couldnt be that hard
They have hidden hitches that hide behind the license plate of a Roll pan. It was an option that I ended up passing on, although at first I had planned on doing a roll pan.
Old 05-04-2010, 07:31 AM
Staging Lane

all in all it came out damn good. congrats on a sick ride.
Old 05-04-2010, 08:16 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Spoolin

Prior to getting the truck painted I started a thread/poll on PT.net about which was better, the SS bumper or the HD front end and the HD front end won by a 80 percent. I'm actually trying to sell the SS cover that I have...interested!!
to be honest i didnt even notice the HD bumper until that last pic you posted..It does look very good. if i had that bodystyle truck, id probably grab it off of you!
Old 05-04-2010, 11:11 AM
TECH Senior Member

I had an SS cover on my Sierra and it looked really good imo...

And when I first got this RCSB I bought a SS cover thinking I was gonna do it again, but when the time came to choose between SS and HD I went with the HD front end.
Old 05-04-2010, 12:42 PM
9 Second Club

Very nice and the truck above looks sick!
Old 05-04-2010, 06:07 PM
Staging Lane

now i really want a truck... now i will never have gas money. thanks guys! lol
Old 05-04-2010, 08:15 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Spoolin
I had an SS cover on my Sierra and it looked really good imo...

And when I first got this RCSB I bought a SS cover thinking I was gonna do it again, but when the time came to choose between SS and HD I went with the HD front end.
IMO, the SS covers look best on the 03-07 "cat eye" silverado's.. never was a big fan of em on sierra's.
Old 05-04-2010, 08:21 PM
Staging Lane

Two Thumbs Up!!!!

Quick Reply: New Satin Gray and Flat Black paint job