Multimedia Exchange Videos | Sound Clips | Photos | Photoshop

straight piped jeep!

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2015, 09:47 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Talking straight piped jeep!

Lol, the exhaust fell off of my TJ today, so we had to bust out the sawzall to get it out from being pinched between he axle and the floor of the jeep because it was just sparking as I dragged it into the shopping center parking lot so I could get off the road.

So, for anyone who ever wondered what a straight piped 4.0L jeep sounds like...here you go:

It actually sounds pretty damn good! I would legitimately consider leaving it this way if I wasn't worried about attracting attention to myself on the trails around here that are crown land, but not even sure if we're allowed on them...
Old 03-18-2015, 11:22 AM
TECH Fanatic

They have a nice sound to them for being a tank engine! haha. The 4.0 actually sounds pretty nice with a Flowmaster. I think I used a 40 series on my XJ, and people always asked about it.
Old 03-18-2015, 08:57 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by ghettocruiser
They have a nice sound to them for being a tank engine! haha. The 4.0 actually sounds pretty nice with a Flowmaster. I think I used a 40 series on my XJ, and people always asked about it.
Ya, I didn't mind it...fixed now...I don't need any "heat" on the trails I am probably already not supposed to be on lol.
Old 03-24-2015, 04:11 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

On my ZJ (4.SLOW), I have a RR header, MagnaFlow Metallic High Spun Cat and a MagnaFlow C/B.

I also re did all exhaust from 2.25" to 2.5"

Quick Reply: straight piped jeep!