Multimedia Exchange Videos | Sound Clips | Photos | Photoshop

Video request: Aluminum flywheel

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2007, 08:28 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Video request: Aluminum flywheel

After reading many times about how aluminum flywheels increase how fast your engine revs up, I’m really curious to see an in car clip of someone who is running one. One camera pointed out the windshield and one pointed at the gauge cluster would be ideal, but I know that’s a lot to ask. I could probably help sync the two together though, if someone is able to do that. If not, a straight tach video would be good too.

I searched youtube and video.ls1tech.com and couldn’t find any. I know there is someone out there who can and will pull a hero and make a video clip for us to see or post a link to one.
Old 07-12-2007, 02:44 PM
Staging Lane

Man up, someone!
Old 07-12-2007, 06:01 PM
Staging Lane

I 2nd this.
Old 07-13-2007, 06:59 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have an alum in mine... When it was in the donor car, it seemed to rev even faster. Donor car had 1-7/8" primaries and bigger y-pipe...vs. my 1-3/4" primaries and smaller pipe. So that could be why I guess. Either that or Im just used to it now. Here is a crappy vid with a couple revs. I didnt really rev it high enough to capture it...but it spins up fast when you are really on it.

http://video.ls1tech.com/recentvideo...4d01343338.htm

All I know is, that even with the usual laziness of the stock tachs in the 4th gens...that motor would rev way up and settle back into idle before the tach got close to being at idle.

Justin
Old 07-14-2007, 03:08 PM
TECH Resident

didnt notice much difference on mine and I just had it installed about two weeks ago. THe car already revved really quick. get a cheater cam if you wanna rev quick