Negative Trader Feedback Disputes| Fraud Reports | Scam Warnings

ProSpeed MotorSports

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2003, 07:49 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ProSpeed MotorSports

First off let me say that I am not trying to slander anyone, point any fingers, or get into any fist fights over weither or not this is a good or a bad kit. My beef is currently only with the owner, Michael and I'm sure that there are others that will support me on similar issues they have faced with him in the past. Currently I am fighting to get some of my money back from him due to him not sending parts when he said he would (or at all). I think this is something that people should know about so they do not have to go through the same thing that I have to, and also to other vendors out there just to say, pay attention to your customers because they are the ones that matter and keep you in business.

I'm kind of in a rock and a hard place right now with a vendor, ProSpeed Motorsport, as to money and location of parts and I am at my wits end with this guy.

I contacted Mr. Walchholz after seeing a post by him on a Camaro/Firebird internet message board about his brake kits going on sale. On May 6, 2003 I purchased the kit after talking with him over the phone that afternoon. That day he said it would be a few weeks before the kit arrived to me but I would have it before the end of the month. Finally on May 23 the first and last of the parts started to arrive. I received his mounting brackets, bolts, spacers, and lines which he sells separately for $450. I contacted him over email a few times to find the whereabouts of my calipers and rotors which I had not yet received. After MANY phone calls that were not returned and emails not answered he did call me for a few minutes in June only to tell me he was at the doctor's office and could not talk at that time. A few weeks later he told me that the parts were in the mail. I called every day, a few times a day with no response for over 2 weeks because I needed to move the car by the first part of July to have it in a local shop for an appointment to have some more work done. The appointment is hard to get and took over a month just to get it setup for the appointment. I told Michael that I needed the parts by the 4th of July which according to him would be plenty of time as they were suppose to be to me by the end of May. July 7th came and still no parts and no response from Michael other than what you see in the attached email documents. I contacted Michael at which point he became very aggressive with me on the phone if I tried to get a refund on the parts that I had bought. I do not see how getting violent with a customer that has been more than patient waiting for parts that had been promised many months before, and not only that after being charged before any of the items had been shipped. I then made one last attempt and told him that I was going to find my parts elsewhere. It was at this point I contacted my credit card company to file a dispute and find the rest of the parts elsewhere.

He did try to send me one rotor at the end of July while I was in Texas, as any one at LG's track day can attest to. I did not sign for the package and did not know that it was going to be arriving as I was in Texas for a week. The person that signed for the package was my roommate who did not know what was going on about the dispute. After inspection of the package only 1 rotor was sent not 2, nor was there any calipers sent with this. Since the rotors are $450 a PAIR, and the calipers are $750 a PAIR, this one rotor that he shipped does not constitute the full $1200 that is being disputed. Along with this one
rotor that I shipped back to him I turned down this last shipment he tried to send this past week because as I already stated I have filed a dispute and do not intend on taking his parts since I have already bought them someplace else, as already had more than enough time to ship me the parts that he could find readily available at a local Porsche dealership so his excuse of not having parts is not holding water because they can be found almost anywhere in the United States. I do not intend on taking his parts because I do not want to give this man anymore of my money because I do not think this is a reputable business nor should he get away with practices like this.

Along with all of this I did finally get a response out of him after refusing this last shipment and I would like to copy his emails along with my rebuttals of them for you to read. This was the first one I had gotten from him since July 4, 2003. I do have all of the emails on file as well but to save space I'm only including the ones since the dispute as been filed with the credit card company in the middle of July.
__________________________________________________ __________

Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2003 10:20:53 -0500
Organization: Prospeed Motorsport, LLC.)
To:Anthony Forney

The remainder of the brake kit parts were returned to me refused. What's up with that? You don't want the rest of the kit now?

FWIW, all sales are final and there are NO refunds given or returns accepted. This is clearly stated on the web site on the policies page (www.prospeedmotorsport.com/policies.htm)

I will be happy to re-ship the rotor along with the calipers (which just arrived) then you will have the full kit you paid for. Please advise.

Michael G. Wachholz
President
Prospeed Motorsport, LLC

Sent: Friday, September 12, 2003 8:02 PM
To: michael
Subject: This is whats up

Michael,

I don't know if you know this, but it is September. I order the kit from you in May that is 4 months.... 16 weeks.....112 days of total time you had to get and ship
me STOCK Porsche parts that can be had at any dealership around the country and I know so because I did a nation wide search for parts. I did not receive any word, email, letter, fax or phone call from you for over two months. I
was promised the brake kit by July 4th which was 2 months ago. That did not happen so I called you for an explanation. You failed to do so and in return all I received was hostilities towards myself because you could not follow through with your end of the bargain. I do not see how you can get upset with me because all I wanted was the goods that I paid for and delivered to me in a timely
fashion. What am I to do while you sit and wait until you feel you have the time to send me parts I paid for over 4 months ago? I called my credit card company since all
attempts from my end had failed at reaching any sort of reasoning with you or response as to the wear abouts of my parts on a car that was needing to be finished. Now you are trying to use this and one FedEx sheet saying that you indeed completed the order? I do not think so. All I have got from you since I sent you the money have been
excuses and lies. As for your no return policy well that was never stated on your website at the time of purchase. I will be contacting the Better Business Bureau on Monday as well as a few other people that you have attempted to pull into this scam. I am very disappointed in you and your company. I did not see or take you as this kind of person but I guess not everyone is as they seem on the
cover. I hope that maybe one day you will realize the importance of customer relations and customer service because you have failed horribly at both. For future
reference Purdue offers some courses in Organizational and Supervision that you might want to look into. I can send you some information if you would like. If this needs to go any further you know how to get ahold of me. I'm sure there are other people in need of parts that you can sell those to, and refund me my money.

My Regards,
Anthony Forney

Date: Sun, 14 Sep 2003 22:18:11 -0500
Organizationrospeed Motorsport, LLC.)
To: Anthony Forney

Thanks for the reply...............

Call the BBB all you want. The return policy was on the site. It always has been there. If you didn't read it that's not my issue. Now I am trying to complete your order and you will not allow me. Everyone else is getting
their kits and there have been no problems. Think about me what you want but the bottom line is it's still a great kit for the $$ and you will not find anything else on the market to compare for the price. And you will not get your money back. So it's your choice as to the next step. You can
either accept the remainder of the parts and have a great kit, albeit a bit later than you would have liked, or you can attempt to work through your CC company. I will tell you that a refusal to receive parts shipped in good
faith is the same as having received them. So when I respond to the CC inquiry I will show the entire kit was shipped in multiple shipments and you refused part of it.

If you want to change your mind and get the kit you paid for, then let
me know.

Michael G. Wachholz
President
Prospeed Motorsport, LLC

Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2003 00:04:37 -0500
To:michael
References:1

Michael,

I would think that even yourself would understand where I am coming from with this. Maybe I'm wrong and there isn't a gentlemanly bone in your body but I would like to think that everyone has some good in them somewhere.
Michael in all honesty if you were in my shoes and ordered parts from someone and they just kept telling you and telling you that it was on the way and it never showed up then they never contacted you and were completely out of reach for months at a time what would you think or do about it? If this was my only car what would I do then? You could have cost me much more than just a summer with out
my car which in my book is bad enough as it is. If it was my only car it could have cost me time and money for another car, a rental car or even a job by not having
transportation. You already cost me 2 appointments that I had to break due to you not shipping the parts. Along with that I missed a major open tracking event which I had already put in for way in advance as any normal vendor does
not take 4 months to ship parts that are off the shelf items, and you can not tell me you could not get them as I drove to Chicago and found them. What was I to do but find other ways of finishing the kit myself and getting my vehicle back on the road. I will contact both my credit card company and you (if you actually answer the phone) tomorrow and maybe we can all come to a settlement on
this deal but right now I do not see how I can give you my money in good faith after you have so brutally lost my faith and trust in you as a customer as the package that I did refuse (as I can not accept something that I do not pay for) was only the same size and weight as one rotor.....thus not completing all of the kit that you never sent which includes: 2 rotors, 2 calipers, a set of wheel studs and your super duper brake fluid.

Talk to you soon
Anthony Forney

Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2003 06:25:38 -0500

I am finishing moving today (Monday) I will not be around to answer the phone so it probably not worth trying today. I should be in the office all tomorrow however.

If you got the parts in Chicago then it sounds like you did use the hardware, correct?

BTW, how can you say "2 rotors" when you shipped one (the left one) on 7/28?

Finally, I had told everyone the fluid wasn't ready yet but that I would ship 2 bottles to them when it arrived. It finally came in and I was planning on shipping the fluid out this and/or next week.

Michael G. Wachholz
President
Prospeed Motorsport, LLC

Sent: Monday, September 15, 2003 11:45 AM
To: michael
Subject: Re: Monday morning

Yes I did get the 2 rotors, and 2 calipers elsewhere and yes I am using the hardware, that is why I only filed for $1200 and not the full $1650 since you sell the
hardware for $450, unlike some people I do pay for what I get and only that. The other rotor that you sent, I did not sign for, my roommate did and he did not
know the situation or he would not have signed for it either. I was out of town and sent it back to you as I stated I'm not paying for items I did not use. Yes I will
agree with you that it does indeed work very well and I like the kit very much, and I would say even higher about it if the owner was a better person, but I can not in
good faith do that.

I guess I will try and contact you at a later date.
Anthony

Date:Mon, 15 Sep 2003 12:46:49 -0500

I don't know when you sent that rotor, but I have never received anything.

Michael

I also have all of my phone records showing how many times I called only to not get any answer (since they are all about 1-2mins long just to leave a voice mail)

Thank you for your time, if you need any more information please let me know as I do know there are many other people that I can get letters from as to his business practice and at least one person that is going through the same thing that I am right now. I do not think a business
should get away with something like this. I'm really in a bad spot with this because I have never had a problem with a vendor that hasn't been sorted out over email or over the phone. This man would not do a damn thing until I filed a complaint and even at that time would not talk civil to me over the phone.

Thank you for your time in reading this as I know its not probably something that you like to do but I'm stuck.

Anthony

Quick Reply: ProSpeed MotorSports