Negative Trader Feedback Disputes| Fraud Reports | Scam Warnings

PayPal strikes again!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2009, 11:33 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You ship the item by the method you choose in your listing man, not what the buyer chooses. PayPals user agreement states that an item over $250 requires signature and delivery confirmation. If you choose not to follow that rule as a seller then its your own fault. You are all talk of the user agreement yet you dont even know what it says. You must use PayPal's user agreement and yes im all full of **** ive only worked here for 3 years I know nothing right. I dont go telling you, that you know nothing about your job, so dont start telling that with me. In your instance you agreed upon the cheaper shipping method, im sure your item was over $250 therefore the buyer had to confirm delivery b/c you didnt have signature confirmation (your fault not paypals). I already explained this earlier to you.

Now items on PayPal are covered up to the full amount not $200 or $2000 like they were before, so if the item is purchased through eBay and paypal is used to pay, as a buyer your covered for the full amount now. The only time paypal will recover a partial or no amount is if the item is not purchased through ebay in which there is no buyer protection. I read nicks listing and as i stated earlier, its very easy for most people to understand, however fact of the matter it still has a contradictory statement. I'm not going to continue this argument with you anymore and you can continue posting if you like, I simply ask that you stop posting what you think paypal is going to do b/c your knowledge of paypal is incorrect in many ways.
Old 03-10-2009, 11:35 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 108dragon
Like I said, if you FULLY read the user agreement, can even understand it, and can live with always being on the crap end of the stick to make or save a few bucks, than all is good on planet eBay.
Most people don't understand and can't follow the user agreement because the majority of it involves rules in place to cover paypal and ebay should the situation ever arise for the implimentation of said rules. The fact that the "user" -in most cases- has never had to deal with such altercation is the bases for them not understanding the rules, thier meaning, how they effect the user and when, and why they are even in place. ...ergo, they simply go to the bottom of the page and hit "agree".
Believe me I understand about the user agreement. I have fully commerce enabled websites that will not let the customer buy unless they agree to the terms. If they don't agree to the terms, I have it setup to where it boots them off the website(s).

I've had moronic and/or dishonest customers place an order and then deny the charges. Once that happens you can dispute. If they continue to dispute you can try to fight it. If the customer disputes it again it's pretty much a done deal.

I know I've been there a few times. I've even called the customers personally and they tell me " we'll call the credit card company and take care of it. " and they never do.

Some people are real pieces of work, I'll tell you. Sign of the time I guess.

Last edited by GEARHED; 03-12-2009 at 11:57 AM.
Old 03-10-2009, 11:38 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Nick_Rapitis
regarding your other post...its not about the money, its the principle of it...i can live without $69 ....

regarding this post...if anyone with common sense would understand my listing why am i the one getting screwed??? because thats the policy? then the policy is wrong...its that simple....just cuz its the current policy doesnt mean its the right policy
Why are you living with out the $69? I fail to grasp this, the buyer has to send the item back to you for a full refund. Sell the item again and move on, yes policy is a B**** sometimes and when it is, those are the situations that I can not do anything for. Honestly PayPal not as describes disputes are almost always going to be a buyers favor except for a few one off situations. I understand your out the eBay fee's but that will be it and I stated you may be able to recover those as a one time credit of you call eBay which does have a phone support number now.
Old 03-10-2009, 02:59 PM
TECH Apprentice

wait we have someone working for paypal in here?? lol i would like to kindly ask you to sabotage the paypal servers or something because they are the most crooked organization i have ever come across nothing against the people working there as there usually helpfull but as for the company itself Its terrible. I understand where the thread originater is coming from, once i paid a guy $1,100 bucks for something he never sent and paypal did NOTHING about it, yet when i sell a guy something where he failed to read the descritption paypal gladly took his side and took the money out of my bank account, I would personally like to say screw paypal they should get another class action suit.
Old 03-10-2009, 03:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by binks0678
wait we have someone working for paypal in here?? lol i would like to kindly ask you to sabotage the paypal servers or something because they are the most crooked organization i have ever come across nothing against the people working there as there usually helpfull but as for the company itself Its terrible. I understand where the thread originater is coming from, once i paid a guy $1,100 bucks for something he never sent and paypal did NOTHING about it, yet when i sell a guy something where he failed to read the descritption paypal gladly took his side and took the money out of my bank account, I would personally like to say screw paypal they should get another class action suit.
I certainly appreciate your opinion of the company and like most responses from people, yours also makes no sense as to how paypal operates. There are a lot of details left out of your situation. First off PayPal can not just take money from your bank account without you authorizing it, however paypal can take your PayPal account negative. I dont know or care to look at a situation that is much in the past now but im sure I could find a lot of things to educate you on about what happened.

I spoke with cajun about his situation in the stickies about paypal that you can read also and things are looking good for him, I'm not going to go over his PayPal account or situation, however if he feels like sharing hes more than welcome.
Old 03-10-2009, 07:39 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by miller456
You ship the item by the method you choose in your listing man, not what the buyer chooses. PayPals user agreement states that an item over $250 requires signature and delivery confirmation. If you choose not to follow that rule as a seller then its your own fault. You are all talk of the user agreement yet you dont even know what it says. You must use PayPal's user agreement and yes im all full of **** ive only worked here for 3 years I know nothing right. I dont go telling you, that you know nothing about your job, so dont start telling that with me. In your instance you agreed upon the cheaper shipping method, im sure your item was over $250 therefore the buyer had to confirm delivery b/c you didnt have signature confirmation (your fault not paypals). I already explained this earlier to you.

Now items on PayPal are covered up to the full amount not $200 or $2000 like they were before, so if the item is purchased through eBay and paypal is used to pay, as a buyer your covered for the full amount now. The only time paypal will recover a partial or no amount is if the item is not purchased through ebay in which there is no buyer protection. I read nicks listing and as i stated earlier, its very easy for most people to understand, however fact of the matter it still has a contradictory statement. I'm not going to continue this argument with you anymore and you can continue posting if you like, I simply ask that you stop posting what you think paypal is going to do b/c your knowledge of paypal is incorrect in many ways.
The auction setup allows for several shipping options for the buyer. Not many of them are set up for tracking. UPS and FedEx come with tracking automatically. Buyers usually choose the cheapest of the shipping options. Usually the cheapest options do not carry tracking. Delivery confirmation is NOT tracking. I found that out the hard way through a paypal dispute. -and don't you mean "if the item is purchased and then paid for through paypal?" Because paypal is the only method of payment listed on ebay auctions anymore.. unless the lister chooses to include something else in the item description. There's that railroading thing again.
What I chose to do for the buyer in shipping isn't in dispute here. That the buyer chose to open a paypal dispute with me because thier item didn't show up within the 9 days that they expected it to isn't in dispute here. What paypal did to make the situation worse for all parties involved, is what I have a problem with. I learned the HARD WAY about your user agreement. As a LOT of other people can attest, it isn't in place to help any of us. It is in place to cover ebay and paypal.
I'm not telling you how to do you job. In fact, you are actually an excellent paypal puppet. And you are right. I will post what I will. And again, I say what I do out of personal experience with eBay and paypal. If paypal has "changed it's evil ways recently", than so be it. But I can't tell. You keep telling me my "knowledge is incorrect". But you fail to prove my points as invalid. The user agreement is not in question here. What paypal does to people under protection of its own user agreement IS. Anyone want to see my proof, hit me up via pm.
Old 03-10-2009, 07:46 PM
On The Tree

I can tell you DON'T USE PAYPAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!-buyers have more rights then sellers period!!!!I won't use it ever again
Old 03-10-2009, 08:10 PM
TECH Apprentice

I certainly appreciate your opinion of the company and like most responses from people, yours also makes no sense as to how paypal operates. There are a lot of details left out of your situation. First off PayPal can not just take money from your bank account without you authorizing it, however paypal can take your PayPal account negative. I dont know or care to look at a situation that is much in the past now but im sure I could find a lot of things to educate you on about what happened.

I spoke with cajun about his situation in the stickies about paypal that you can read also and things are looking good for him, I'm not going to go over his PayPal account or situation, however if he feels like sharing hes more than welcome.
OK..and here's the OTHER problem with paypal under catagory of bank account issues;
I can't think of ANYONE that I would hand my credit card and pin number too, friends or otherwise. Why on hell's creation would I want to give some faceless entity of a corporation open access to my credit account? -certainly not for my benefit or in my best interests.
And of course he authorized it. He had to in advance just to be able to do business on ebay. The problem here is that the advanced authorization allows paypal to draw whatever it wants, whenever it wants from your personal account, regardless of whether it overdraws your account or puts you in the red. How do I know this? Because paypal has overdrawn my personal account on several occasions and forced me to open a "nonoverdraw" debit card account just for use with paypal... which I highly recommend for everyone else here too.
Old 03-10-2009, 10:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

OK..and here's the OTHER problem with paypal under catagory of bank account issues;
I can't think of ANYONE that I would hand my credit card and pin number too, friends or otherwise. Why on hell's creation would I want to give some faceless entity of a corporation open access to my credit account? -certainly not for my benefit or in my best interests.
And of course he authorized it. He had to in advance just to be able to do business on ebay. The problem here is that the advanced authorization allows paypal to draw whatever it wants, whenever it wants from your personal account, regardless of whether it overdraws your account or puts you in the red. How do I know this? Because paypal has overdrawn my personal account on several occasions and forced me to open a "nonoverdraw" debit card account just for use with paypal... which I highly recommend for everyone else here too.
After reading your posts you seriously have no idea what the hell your talking about. I'm sorry but your posts are completely far fetched from what actually happens. Like i said im done arguing a never ending battle with you. If you dont like the service stop complaining about it and just dont use it anymore.
Old 03-10-2009, 11:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i try to never use paypal after two seperat ocasions i sent items that where recieved but because it wasnt a signature confirmation i got screwed, also sold a paint gun for almost 400 bucs buyer started a claim like two months later, said it was in non workin order which was a lie, anyways filed a claim through all headache i even offered a refund if i recieved my item back in the condition it was sent, and he refused to send my paint gun back and demanded a refund needless to say payal gave him a refund and i never saw my paint gun again or my money
Old 03-11-2009, 12:33 AM
TECH Apprentice

After reading your posts you seriously have no idea what the hell your talking about. I'm sorry but your posts are completely far fetched from what actually happens. Like i said im done arguing a never ending battle with you. If you dont like the service stop complaining about it and just dont use it anymore.
When I experienced my last dispute over that supercharger that was late because of the snail mail system, paypal put my paypal account $700 and some odd in the red. They TRIED to draw the money from my debit account. Did I authorize that? Noone called me and asked,"Hey dude. We need to get your permission to pull that money from your account." No. Because I was forced to give up my credit card and routing numbers to have a seller account on ebay IN ADVANCE! How am I lying?! Like a Rudyard Kipling story, that s*** happened JUST SO!
Either you really DON'T have any idea what the company you say you have worked for the last three years is doing to people, or you don't care. If the latter is true, you are being paid to be a paypal puppet here on LS1tech. You HAVE to be smarter than you sound. So I'm going to assume that is true. My posts are what has happened to me in dealing with ebay and paypal. I am leaning into you because this is the most nonautomated response I have EVER received from paypal.. although not any more intelligent. I am leaning into you because it really kicks my a$$ when good people are taken advantage of because they don't know what they can expect from a corporation like paypal, thier rights, or simply that they deserve better in treatment for the exorbatent fees extracted from them.
What? You don't like hearing the truth? Did your company only give you enough leash to shine people on and not actually DO anything to help us? Or did they not give you enough training to deal with someone who has enough experience on the **** end of your business practices to know better? It is only a "neverending battle" when you choose not to do the right thing and actually help some of these people instead of spewing rules.
BTW, the reason I'm "believed" is that there are MANY more people just like me who have had the SAME experiences with ebay and paypal. But I'll do you a favor; I've said what I have to say. The guys and gals here have heard me. And they know the truth when they hear it. So, unless you have something else dumb to say to me, I'll mellow out.
Old 03-11-2009, 06:14 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I didnt even read your whole post and cant believe your still ranting, i only got bits and pieces and so far all I see is you still complaining about something your not going to use . Once again I will say what your saying is far fetched from ME dealing with people here at paypal. I have several success stories i can share from helping people on here, but guess what when things go right people dont post up. When theres a problem, oh you can bet your going to post about it. Sorry to tell you but out of the millions and millions of customers we have, we actually only talk to about 10% of the users, that means the other 90% are not having any problems, so put that into your little perspective book. Now once again I am going to ask nicely that you do NOT tell me how I do my job or my role here. There are few things I will get upset about and telling me how I do my job is one of them. Continue your ranting and I am going to ask a moderator to lock this thread and no longer continue to offer assistance to members ON MY OWN TIME b/c of people like you who wont STFU. Now go enjoy the rest of your day and stop posting here, I can prove you wrong in so many ways I just choose not to have a battle b/c you seem like the type of person that no matter even if your proven wrong, your still right.
Old 03-11-2009, 07:04 AM
TECH Fanatic

Contact your bank and tell them you did not authorize paypal to take the money out of your account, they should credit it back to you.
Old 03-11-2009, 08:04 AM
On The Tree

I didnt even read your whole post and cant believe your still ranting, i only got bits and pieces and so far all I see is you still complaining about something your not going to use . Once again I will say what your saying is far fetched from ME dealing with people here at paypal. I have several success stories i can share from helping people on here, but guess what when things go right people dont post up. When theres a problem, oh you can bet your going to post about it. Sorry to tell you but out of the millions and millions of customers we have, we actually only talk to about 10% of the users, that means the other 90% are not having any problems, so put that into your little perspective book. Now once again I am going to ask nicely that you do NOT tell me how I do my job or my role here. There are few things I will get upset about and telling me how I do my job is one of them. Continue your ranting and I am going to ask a moderator to lock this thread and no longer continue to offer assistance to members ON MY OWN TIME b/c of people like you who wont STFU. Now go enjoy the rest of your day and stop posting here, I can prove you wrong in so many ways I just choose not to have a battle b/c you seem like the type of person that no matter even if your proven wrong, your still right.

I wouldn't be bragging about a 10% incident rate with my customers, companies without a monopoly like Paypal would go under with that poor of service. That does not mean that the other 90% are satisfied either. I've never talked to a Paypal rep before and I dislike Paypal so much I would switch companies at the first opportunity.
Old 03-11-2009, 08:20 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Thorny
I wouldn't be bragging about a 10% incident rate with my customers, companies without a monopoly like Paypal would go under with that poor of service. That does not mean that the other 90% are satisfied either. I've never talked to a Paypal rep before and I dislike Paypal so much I would switch companies at the first opportunity.
Thats an estimate and when you deal with over a 190 different countries not just the US thats to many accounts for just a rep like me to put into perspective for people on here. If you would like to switch, then you should be looking for other companies to process payments for you. I'm not here to try and make people use something they dont like, im tired of the complaining and hounding me for problems people have had. If you want help I'll see what I can do, otherwise stop flaming me b/c of issues you are having. I'm just one person here, I dont have control over the entire company and the things ive heard from people about paypal and said to me, you think i can just change the way it is. Well I cant, so if you dont like it call paypal and talk to them about it, I'm just here to try and assist who I can which actually has been a lot of members, just none of them post up after I help them out.
Old 03-11-2009, 09:59 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by transambandit
Contact your bank and tell them you did not authorize paypal to take the money out of your account, they should credit it back to you.
That used to be the case. But the Federal Credit Union here says that once you give a company your account and routing numbers, you can't keep them out of your account short of shutting it down and starting a new one. Usually, problems like this occur with money drawn from an account supporting a debit card by echeck. The exception to this may be if the money was drawn directly from an actual credit card. Credit card companies will actually draw the money back and go to bat for you in disputes like this.
Old 03-11-2009, 12:46 PM
TECH Veteran

Moderator has left thread due to understanding how PayPal works. No better information that someone who works for them.
Old 03-11-2009, 12:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

You keep saying the same thing over and over as well, theres already a sticky with paypal info so there is no need to have another one open with incorrect information that YOU are providing. I keep repeating myself b/c im not going to get a 30+ page thread going arguing with you about it. Plus I could prove you wrong but i want nothing to do with looking into your account to do it. So fair enough sounds like we just end our discussion amongst one another. This will be my last post in this thread.
Old 03-11-2009, 12:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by GEARHED
Moderator has left thread due to understanding how PayPal works. No better information that someone who works for them.
of course not all the help that ive provided has mostly been through pms and actually calling me.
Old 03-12-2009, 10:07 AM
12 Second Club

"I'm leaving now. I've got one foot out the door. See? I've got my hand on the door **** now. The door is slowly closing behind me." You ALWAYS have one more stupid thing to say to perpetuate this. Either prove me wrong in front of our peers or STFU & get ghost.
well said... the puppet, i mean miller, keeps saying hes done with this thread yet he keeps coming back, gotta have the last word....i wonder if paypal pays him to do that as well as talk about how good and righteous the company is?? its quite interesting, isnt it

lookout below, i sense another post from miller is coming!

Quick Reply: PayPal strikes again!!!