Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thumbs down Derrick Morris a.k.a. GEN414

Derrick
www.morrismotorsports.net
2424 1/2 S. Gordon St
Alvin, TX 77511
ph: 281-732-8215
derrick@morrismotorsports.net

The best I can do for an example is paste our conversations regarding the clutch I got from him. Reason being that we did our business over the phone.....

Long story short. Along with various other business, I had my transmission shipped down to Derrick Morris of Morris Motorsports, to be rebuilt. He was a stand-up guy and was great with his customer service skills and helped me with everything, along the way.

HOWEVER, my transmission recently failed due to either his work or a part he installed. I obviously can't point the blame anywhere, as a bit of damage was done to multiple parts due to a bearing failure or something of the like...

COMPLAINT: I've been trying for two weeks now to get ahold of Derrick, only to have ignored emails, phone calls, text messages. I did receive one text message, about a week ago saying, "Matt, been tied up, will call you later this evening." And of course, I still haven't heard from him to discuss the warranty issue with my transmission build.

I'm upset, considering he was excellent to do business with, BEFORE he had my money...

If anything changes, I will gladly update this post. For all I know he has something very big going on. But as of now, he's ignored me now that I've mentioned having a warranty claim..

- Matt

https://ls1tech.com/forums/manual-tr...torsports.html

PMs:

Gen414
FormerVendor

Trader Rating: 38

Default Re: CLutch
You are welcome Matt, anytime. Thank YOU! Again, if at ANYTIME you have a question or concern, I am just a PM/email/phone call away.
Also, I give all my customers the option of sending me pics of their car so I can post on my site. Most don't like to, for one reason or another, and that is JUST fine with me. But, if you want me to, all you have to do is send pics to my email address off my website, and will get ya up on there. And don't sweat it if you don't, I am cool one way or the other

Enjoy!
Derrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by GothMetalForever
Thank you very much for all of your help. Order sent and paid!

- Matt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gen414
OK, wanted to get that other PM out to you ASAP...here is teh deal on the flywheels.
Yes, their is a difference. is it a huge one? No. Slight? Yes. You will get a number of opinions on it, and here is my rule of thumb:
Dedicated street car @ 3500 LBS or less. Chromoly (lightweight setup)
Dedicated street car @ 3600 LBS or more, SFI Billet Steel Flywheel
Dedicated track car SFI Billet Steel Fly
Dedicated track car Naturally Aspirated, trying to wring out every last hundreth of a second, Chromoly fly.

The lightweight setup will give you quicker revs, and will need a SLIGHT adjustment in your drving, but again, SLIGHT.
I will call you this mornnig and talk to explain better.
Thanks
Derrick

Quote:
Thanks for all your help Derrick and it looks like I'm interested in the Level Three Premium Package with a slave cylinder included. Looks like it's 750. I have a couple questions before I make the purchase final though.

Is there really much of a difference between the two flywheel options? I'm no hardcore racer or anything but is there any advantage either way? I'm looking for something to last the life of the car and through the beatings, I have no interested in weight reduction for racing, etc. So would you say billet steel is the way to go?

Also, how much would it cost said and done, tax, shipping to 60098? Thanks tons. You're welcome to call me between 3PM-10PM Central if you wish to speak on the phone about the whole deal.

Also, does this package include everything I need to replace my clutch? Obviously not the pedal assembly, but from the slave all the way to my trans, right?

Thanks again.

- Matt
224 577 6060

Quote:
Hey Matt. Our Level 3, with Billet Steel Flywheel, weighs @ 3 lbs MORE than a stock setup (flywheel, clutch disc, and pressure plate combined). If you elect the Chromoly Flywheel, it will save you 13 lbs off the billet flywheel, or about 10 lbs off teh stock setup.
Chatter on teh Level 3 is NORMAL DURING BREAK IN, the first 500 miles. Once broke in, it WILL go away. It is a small by-product of an aggressive disc, but again, WILL go away, once broke in properly.
We have a TON of level 3's out there, with 5, 10, 20, 30K miles on em now, with 100% positive feedback. Some will notice some chatter during break in, and question it, as they may have not heard something like that before, but if you do some research on those same customers AFTER the break in, it disappears. If at any point it comes back into play, go beat on it some, and that will handle it. The Level 3 LIKES to get beat on!!! If you DD everyday, just make sure that from time to time, you go knock the "glazing" off of it.

Again, any more questions, do not hesitate, drop me a PM/email or phone call, and will get you taken care of.
Thanks
Derrick

Quote:
I'm digging the description of the Level 3 Premium for 749.99

What is the difference though in the weights of the flywheel? Any idea what my stock weight is of my OEM flywheel?

Also I swear I thought I read a thread about a rough ride or loud chatter from a Monster clutch. Is that what I can expect? Or is it possible it wasn't installed properly? Thanks.

I appreciate all the help and info.

- Matt

Quote:
First of all, I have family up near Chicago, so pretty close to ya. I LOVE Chicago (especially the pie).

Anyways, I am a dealer for Monster CLutches, and your power levels say you need a Level 2 (525 HP/TQ) or our level 3 (700 HP/TQ).
Both of those are used on teh street, and teh level 3 is a street/track clutch. I know you said you will hardly ever visit the track, but you still might want to consider the Level 3 anyways, as you are right on teh border of teh Level 2, and the 3 WILL give you room to grow. And since the Level 3 is only a $30 upcharge over teh Level 2 is why the Level 3 is our most popular clutch, and the Level 2 is right behind it.
If you have any questions. feel free to PM/Email/call, and I will get you straightened out!

Derrick
2424 1/2 S. Gordon St
Alvin, TX 77511
ph: 281-732-8215
derrick@morrismotorsports.net

Last edited by GothMetalForever; 11-07-2010 at 12:41 PM.
Old 11-08-2010, 06:54 PM
On The Tree

UPDATE: He's now called me, once this morning, while I was at work. I returned his call, not only a half-hour after he called, but three additional times, only to be completely ignored. I did leave messages, too.
Old 11-13-2010, 11:29 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

never trust someone that types "teh" when giving tech advice.
Old 11-13-2010, 11:41 AM
On The Tree

I always noticed that, but I'm afraid you'll have to elaborate...
Old 11-17-2010, 06:13 PM
On The Tree

Well it's been almost a month, now.

I officially stand by what I said.

He did manage to call me, once, and claimed several relatives died, all at once.

Whether or not it was true, he made it clear that I meant nothing to him, now that he'd gotten my money.

I suggest avoiding Derrick and his company Morris Motorsports. Plenty of other transmission shops out there that actually care about their customers insteading of pretending to play 'phone tag' with you.

He's ignored/not called back to ANY of my 50ish phone calls over the last month!

I've already come across great guys that'l help me get my replacement parts.

So, I'm done. AVOID DERRICK AND MORRIS MOTORSPORTS.

Quick Reply: Derrick Morris a.k.a. GEN414