Negative Trader Feedback Disputes| Fraud Reports | Scam Warnings

Buyer Beware: Jeff Collier aka Killer (Resolved)

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2005, 09:36 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Buyer Beware: Jeff Collier aka Killer (Resolved)

I'd like to post that this has been resolved. See my post below for more information.

Killer is a bad seller and should not be trusted. He was banned from http://www.hardforums.com after he refused to make good on his deal with me. I am posting on this board as he attempted to use this board as a reference and I see he has a for sale thread here - I don't want him to take anyone the same way he took me.

On HardForums he went by the username nighttraindemon before he was banned as a bad trader. You can see he has the same items for sale at
https://ls1tech.com/forums/lsx-parts-sale/259622-major-garage-sale-free-stuff-laptops-car-parts-you-name-its-here.html
and http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=852636

Long story short - Killer, otherwise known as Jeffrey Collier, sold me an older Apple iBook for $250 plus I paid shipping. The iBook was decribed as “the command key doenst work all the time but everything else works great!”
I even specifically asked him if there were any other problems and he confirmed that the keyboard was the only problem. When I received the machine, the battery was 100% dead - will not take even the smallest charge. Additionally, the machine arrived with hairline cracks in the case which were not mentioned and was very poorly packed.

I tried to work it out privately with Killer, however, after almost a month with no resolution, I brought it public. Killer repeatedly offered excuses and refused to own up to the problem, in spite of every other poster saying he was at fault. As a result, Killer was banned.

While I do not ever expect to see a working battery or my requested $40 refund, I want to do my best to make sure he does not rip off other users. If anyone would like more information, feel free to read the entire saga at http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=868705

If any moderators wish to verify any information with me, please contact me and I will be happy to provide anything I have.

BigDish = Me
nighttraindemon = Killer

Additionally, in case Killer aka Jeffrey Collier attempts to use a different username to trade, here is the following information:

Name: Jeffrey Collier
City: Houston, TX 77077 or Katy, TX 77450
(gave me 2 addresses)
Email: BlueWS6@aol.com

AIM: BlueWS6
Yahoo: jeffreycollier
HardForums: nighttraindemon
Camaroz28: KillerWs6
eBay: BlueWS6
ls1tech.com: Killer

Last edited by BigDish; 03-04-2005 at 11:25 AM.
Old 02-17-2005, 10:20 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,099 Likes on 721 Posts

BigDish asked me before putting this up, I approved it... Because the same item was listed here.

Personally I have sold a laptop and I was honest that it only held a charge for <30 minutes.
Old 02-17-2005, 11:23 AM
TECH Regular

I have never lied to this person Eric Kotz he just took it on himself to have me banned from Hardforums, when i was trying to work a deal with him considering he was demanding an unfair refund amount and claims i was misleading when infact i was straight up with everything with this guy. I have never scammed anyone and this is the first time anyone has ever complained about me and all this over a measaly 40 dollars its insane!
Hell, ill donate 40 dollars to charity its not about the money its about allowing someone to demand a given amount when i was not in the wrong. If you allow someone to demand whatever from a seller where do you draw the line?
Jeff
Old 02-17-2005, 12:21 PM
TECH Regular

I paypaled him a refund to show im no bad trader
Old 02-17-2005, 12:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

The laptop you bought from killer. How much do they retail for?
Old 02-17-2005, 02:08 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,099 Likes on 721 Posts

What year is the laptop?

Additional facts:
-Jeff's sister did pass away, he sent me the obituary, again very sorry for your loss
-The laptop battery currently won't hold any charge at all
-New batteries are $70-119?
Old 03-04-2005, 11:34 AM
Teching In

I'd like to say I consider this matter resolved. I don't like how Jeff handled this, but he did ultimately refund me $30 via PayPal. That said, I believe this thread should remain so others trading with him can see how he handled this and make their own judgements.
A couple other things - no one other than yourself cause you to be banned on [H]. Anyone is welcome to read the entire thread and see that. I did conact the moderator who locked the thread and explained that you resolved the matter. Lethal has not responded to me, but I did what I promised to do.
Also, $40 is not an unfair amount. The *ABSOLUTE CHEAPEST* I've seen that battery sell for on eBay is $40 + $7 shipping for a working one. Most have been $55-$60 + shipping. New that battery sells for $100+. You still haven't shown me where I can get that battery for the $30 you claim, in spite of me repeatedly asking.
Regardless, the matter is closed now. Killer/Jeff did resolve this. I can't say I'm pleased with how long it took, but it is resolved now.

Quick Reply: Buyer Beware: Jeff Collier aka Killer (Resolved)