Old 07-15-2005, 11:07 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wow
Old 07-16-2005, 11:28 AM
FormerVendor

Default Not for sale

Just to clear a few things up, the newly purchased motor is not for sale. As for the having three motors that is not true either. Ricks 398ci motor was sold. The purchase of the 385ci had nothing to do with HPE. Everyone here agrees that the motor was a smoking deal. Rick made a offer and the seller took it. If there was and bad business then yall should not look at Rick or HPE.
Old 07-16-2005, 11:41 AM
8 Second Club

I would like to hear what offer he made that wasnt already made . and who bought a blown up 398 from Rick. I can say things too but without proof its just BS. Rick knows that I am friends with Brian (Madman)and had him on the phone as the deal went down. Try to BS someone else
Old 07-16-2005, 01:21 PM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by Z8'S
I would like to hear what offer he made that wasnt already made . and who bought a blown up 398 from Rick. I can say things too but without proof its just BS. Rick knows that I am friends with Brian (Madman)and had him on the phone as the deal went down. Try to BS someone else
Chris I don't know what you have against me but I just offered to buy the motor. I was told there was another guy that had also wanted to purchase it and that he was making shipping arrangements. He told me he would let me know if anything went wrong with the deal. I was told shipping was going to be too much of a hassle and that the deal wasn't going to work out. I then went to the bank and withdrew cash and purchased the motor. I don't know why you think I blew up my 398? I was having converter problems, and wiping out the thrust bearing, very common problem. The motor is not, was not hurt. Crank was checked out and came back perfect, motor was reassembled, put back in the car and then a buyer came through. Last pass the motor went 8.18 @ 174 w/ 1.31 60' in 90* Heat at the clash of the titans. Pass before that was a 8.24 @ 158, had to lift. All three motors are sitting in my garage, fully assembled. The 398 is tentavily sold, the SB2.2 and 385 are mine to keep. Take your poison, now I have a 91.5 and a 106 turbo. The SB2.2 came out of a outlaw 10.5 car that ran 4.60's and 160+ MPH @ 3200lbs. As far as the whole deal with you chris, I didn't even learn anything about you having to do anything with this until Brian called me while I was at the bank. The only involvement I knew Brain had with the seller was that he was discussing shipping arrangements for the original buyer, sorry the deal went sour for you guys, I wasn't too aware of the situation, I was just another guy that wanted the motor that knew it was a good deal that would probably never happen again. See you at the races.

Old 07-16-2005, 01:45 PM
8 Second Club

Take my poison? what the fuvk does that mean?
I didnt think there was a problem between us either.Hell I told Gary Luther that he had a cash in hand deal and would be picked up on Tuesday 7/12 if the first deal fell thru. Now on the day Grndragon gets everything arranged it falls thru and you get it. Luther tells Grndragon that his dad sold it out from under him. Yea right do you see how this all sounds shady?Good luck in your future . Chris
Old 07-16-2005, 01:47 PM
8 Second Club

wiping out a thrust bearing and having to rebuild it is blown up in my book .Happy for you that its all fixed now.
Old 07-16-2005, 02:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Goliath wins, David bows out...Nothing more can be said from my end without getting personal (and not knowing anyone, would lower me). I hate being a nobody, that can get stepped on and thrown around and can do nothing about it. Someday it might be different....
Old 07-16-2005, 03:01 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by GrnDragon
Goliath wins, David bows out...Nothing more can be said from my end without getting personal (and not knowing anyone, would lower me). I hate being a nobody, that can get stepped on and thrown around and can do nothing about it. Someday it might be different....
I have no place in this argument at all, but dude, please. You sound like a 5 year old.
Old 07-17-2005, 01:56 AM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Why be pissed off at Rick, he just offered money and the guy took it. Sorry the internet sales code of honor was broken by the seller dont place the blame on the buyer.
Old 07-17-2005, 07:34 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Vendetta
I have no place in this argument at all, but dude, please. You sound like a 5 year old.
Originally Posted by Vendetta
Damn.. that is grimy ****. You guys should talk with the buyer also. That's bullshit.
They did. So which is it?

The way this was handled where most comments were directed at the seller and buyer, I think GrnDragon has taken the high road on this.

Face it; if you know X people who are major racers, shop owners, inroads to the top dawgs then its pretty easy to skip over an 'unknown'.
If Rick had the word on the first offer and GrnDragon had second and got it you *know* more fur would fly.

Whats done is done. Not everyone leaves the poker table happy.
Old 07-17-2005, 02:24 PM
TECH Junkie

whats going on here?
Old 07-17-2005, 05:14 PM
11 Second Club

Let me clear a few things up here. First and formost, i dont have and didnt have a motor for sale myself. I allowed my room-mate to sell this motor under my login. He came up with his own price for the motor and he didnt want to jack with shipping if it was gonna be a big hassle. Grndragon was the first person in line. We tried for 3 days to find a shipping company, with a bad outcome. Noone would ship or pickup from a resisdence that would charge less than thousands of dollars. I even posted in the Tx section asking for a company.. but didnt get any help. There was alot of effort taken, while trying to get this to grndragon. Second in line was Big rick, but he didnt want to give the full asking price. (sponsor or no sponsor, the price was not gonna be dropped on a badass deal as it is) Third was Z8. He had the money but we were still trying to get the motor to grndragon. While grndragon did want the motor and rightfully should have gotten it, shipping was too big of an issue and then the next in line should have gotten it. Rick decides to offer more but still not the asking price. Rick then decides to hit the asking price.
Z8 had already offered to pay full price so he should have gotten it before rick, but these arent my decisions.. the motor wasnt mine and was sold to the first person that brought the money.
Some of you are right it could have been handled better.. i agree with that and appologize. I think that the motor should have gone to Z8.
I have bought and sold many things here and on ebay (personal business) and have no problems. This would be the first.
Noone shafted grndragon.. the deal just couldnt be completed, because of the shipping issues. The only person who got somewhat shafted was Z8. He should have been before rick. As for the higher offer... it was made after rick was told to come get it.
Well thats what happend.. any unanswered pms or calls are because i have to relay the msg's to my roommate. From there it wasn't my decisions to make. As for madman.. you can **** off cause i just dont give a ****, what you think. Have me banned.. i dont give a ****. I know its real hard to sign back on. When the engine was originally bought from Dave you were pissed cause you didnt get it. You said it was junk, so why care for it now? You said it was a waist of money. It was bought for 3k and sold fow 5k and now it can be sold for 8k. Makes no difference to me.
To the people that think they got screwed, I sincerely appologize....

Last edited by leeluther252; 07-17-2005 at 05:21 PM.
Old 07-17-2005, 06:26 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Leeluther252 you just showed your true colors.

225-343-9029
Old 07-17-2005, 06:44 PM
11 Second Club

yes yes i did.... like u said im a *****.. so now i'll act like one
Old 07-17-2005, 07:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

"Noone shafted grndragon.."
I'm tired of talking about this deal, but when you said I didn't get shafted it makes this entire thread futile...
I wish I had a recording of all the phone conversations that took place between myself and the seller. He told me that he needed money by the weekend, so I knew if shipping wasn't solved by Thursday the deal would be over. I found a company Thursday morning and called the seller right away, but was told his phone was about to die and he would call be back in a couple hours. So while I waited for him to call I filled out all the shipping paperwork, and setup my paypal account.
I even gave him an out on Wednesday night (when shipping looked hopeless) that selling it locally might be much easier for him, but he said he would still call Thursday and we would make the final decision when he found out final shipping costs.
When he finally called me Thursday evening, I told him everything was ready, and he became very quite and said the engine was already sold! He sounded very genuine about being sorry, but it sounds like it was all a lie (telling me his dad sold it out from under him).
What happened, happened, I just don't like being called a liar (so I would say I was SCREWED!). We are all entitled to our own opinions, that's mine...
Old 07-17-2005, 08:13 PM
Staging Lane

I hate to get in the middle of this but by reading grndragon's last post he admitted that he told leeluther252 that he gave him the out on wednesday nite, telling him it might be easier selling it locally. Grndragon did not find the shipping company till thursday mornig, if it was me I would have probaly sold the motor thursday too. I mean if the origanal buyer told me wednesday that it would be easier to sell it locally, and thursday I get a call from the second in line(not sure who that was)saying he would bring cash right now and come pick it up, then who wouldn't would not have done the same. I know I would.
Old 07-17-2005, 09:17 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,099 Likes on 721 Posts

We are not privy to all the pms and phone calls. I took it that grndragon busted butt to find a shipper.

Overall this is a mess and I hope that folks don't lose friendships over it.
Old 07-17-2005, 09:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Never was friends with any invloved, some seem like good people, but I'm not one to hold a grudge, so I'm cool (it all just initially looked very bad for HPE, they couldn't get their stories straight). I was just mad that I was given the hope of having until Thursday to get everything figured out, then it was gone after I had figured it all out by the "deadline". I can sympathize with the seller (needing money and wanting the easy solution) I've been in similar situations. Something else will come along....
Old 07-17-2005, 10:10 PM
Staging Lane

can't we just all get along?????
Old 07-18-2005, 01:27 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by GrnDragon
Never was friends with any invloved, some seem like good people, but I'm not one to hold a grudge, so I'm cool (it all just initially looked very bad for HPE, they couldn't get their stories straight)
How can this look bad on HPE? Just because Rick works for my shop doesn't mean I'm responsible for what he does in his personal life. I think he breifly told me about the motor and how he bought it because it was such a good deal. But it surely has nothing to do with HPE.

Chuck

Quick Reply: leeluther252