Negative Trader Feedback Disputes| Fraud Reports | Scam Warnings

1FASTLS sold part from under me

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2005, 12:58 PM
8 sec potential, 12 sec slip

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Angry 1FASTLS sold part from under me

John had/ (has) a D-1SC procharger up for sale in the f/s forum. I asked for pictures and got them. We had agreed upon a price and then I get another e-mail from his wife saying she "thinks her husband has sold it already". WTF is the deal with this! She says she'll let me know if it falls thru. I'm like wait a minute, we'd already agreed on a price. This totally sucks! My suspicion is that someone offered him more after he had agreed on a price with me and then took it! I've had the same thing happen to me before when selling parts online when I'm the seller, and I've taken a hit when I could have got more, but I was being fair. I only wish others would do the same I'm so mad with this whole situation. I really wanted that SC. I will wait until this evening and see if he has decided to make it right with me before I post anymore.
Old 07-29-2005, 01:23 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah thats not cool but you have to remember he's the one selling the part. Same thing happend with me as I was inquiring on the supercharger but its his part so I cant be mad at him as he is trying to get max amount out of it.
Old 07-29-2005, 02:21 PM

But once you agree with someone on a price, thats like a handshake IMO. Whatever tho. I got a tip that the S/C possibly had something wrong with it and it had way more miles on it than he was advertising. I did a little research, and looks like hes trying to sell his problems to someone else. Still shady on his part, but glad I got out from under it now. I think I feel sorry for the person buying it tho.
Old 08-03-2005, 10:30 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ChevyChad
But once you agree with someone on a price, thats like a handshake IMO. Whatever tho. I got a tip that the S/C possibly had something wrong with it and it had way more miles on it than he was advertising. I did a little research, and looks like hes trying to sell his problems to someone else. Still shady on his part, but glad I got out from under it now. I think I feel sorry for the person buying it tho.
Some people don't believe in ethics. If he could get more money and sell it elsewhere then imo he is obligated to at least let you have the chance to match the offer or decline to buy it as you already had a deal.
Old 08-03-2005, 11:03 AM

Originally Posted by zwentbyyou
Some people don't believe in ethics. If he could get more money and sell it elsewhere then imo he is obligated to at least let you have the chance to match the offer or decline to buy it as you already had a deal.
I agree. And I most likely would have matched a higher offer at the time. Oh well, I have found another deal on a P-1SC I am going to check out this weekend locally. Much better seller this time (a little better deal too).

Quick Reply: 1FASTLS sold part from under me