New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

car is making a noise! UGH!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2003, 07:45 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if u get on instant messenger IM me and we can takl about it if you want and i can try to help you out,my sn on there is ws6firebirdta00....the same thing as on here
Old 12-23-2003, 08:11 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i am with a few others. i think its the fuel pump. on my 98 Z28 the fuel pump can be so loud sometimes you can hear it over my loudmouth. but its been like that for some time so i dont figure its goin out anytime soon. it just runs loud at times.
Old 01-08-2004, 12:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

take it to a muffler shop and have them examine, and tighten down the exhaust if it needs it. if its more of a squeek its highly unlikely imo to be exhaust related. i had a pulley problem and when it started squeeking i could hear it all over the car when i tried to examine the problem. instead of taking it to the shop i went to the dealer picked up a belt tensioner pulley, idler pulley and serpentine belt, and that cured my problem. Oh and i put some silicone spray on each of the pulleys after it stopped squeeking just to make sure they were lubed up. when its cold out, i still get a slightly squeek when i first start up but it goes away after a minute or two when the car is on and warming up.
Good luck, a quick examination of the exhaust is never a bad thing to do. i doubt its exhaust related but if its coming from the rear end for sure, id be willing to bet its more than likely the fuel pump.
~T
Old 01-08-2004, 12:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

yea a couple of people said it wasn't exhaust related..... my car hasn't been running because my boyfriend "borrowed" some parts for a couple of days....
Old 01-08-2004, 12:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

nice boyfriend, did you notify him that we have sponsers to the right
seriously though when you get a chance, check the pulleys, both belts too. i thought my problem was orginiating somewhere out in the back of the car, and after i checked the belts and pulleys, thats where it ended up being. **** orchastrates throughout the entire car.

btw just for the record, a wahman behind the wheel of a F-body = the sexiest thang on earth. i couldn't resist
~T
Old 01-08-2004, 12:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by slik98z
btw just for the record, a wahman behind the wheel of a F-body = the sexiest thang on earth. i couldn't resist
~T
Old 01-10-2004, 06:21 AM
TECH Regular

I vote u check the belts.....they were the first thing that came to mind