New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fast ToyS ram Air Kit.... help?!

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2010, 01:50 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fast ToyS ram Air Kit.... help?!

i ordered the slp flopac tonight, i was reading about cold an ram air kits. and i saw the fast toys ram air kit. that **** sounds amazing. but im worried about water getting in there? is there any guys out there that have this ram air kit? if so have you ever drove it in the rain and have a problem? i would greatly appreciate it.
Old 03-20-2010, 02:03 AM
Teching In

Default fast toys ram air kit help plz...?

i ordered the slp flopac tonight, i was reading about cold an ram air kits. and i saw the fast toys ram air kit. that **** sounds amazing. but im worried about water getting in there? is there any guys out there that have this ram air kit? if so have you ever drove it in the rain and have a problem? i would greatly appreciate any help. they say that water would literally have to go vertically 2 feet up the air vent to get up there, but it sounds possible. an everyone know that would destroy ****. another ?..... would anyone know if it would get in the way from the front lip splitter from 6litereater??
Old 03-20-2010, 09:55 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

https://ls1tech.com/forums/generatio...sults-tom.html Read this thread and contact chrs1313. His shows more gains and has bigger piping than any off the shelf RA
Old 03-20-2010, 04:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i've drove my car a few times in the rain and the ftra never had any problems. but since you already ordered the slp flo pac i wouldn't worry about the ftra since both pieces do the same thing.
Old 03-20-2010, 06:51 PM
Teching In

thanks for all the hlp an tips guide. i ordered the flopac off speedinc on friday night. then did the research an found out about the ram air. im definatly gonna try n cancel the order an get the ram air kit. still havent decided on the slp lid or should i pay the extra 50$ for the fast toys.net lid. what do you guys think? is that all i would need, the lid and the fast toys ram air kit? again i appreciate the help guys.
Old 03-21-2010, 10:04 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by TopNotch02
thanks for all the hlp an tips guide. i ordered the flopac off speedinc on friday night. then did the research an found out about the ram air. im definatly gonna try n cancel the order an get the ram air kit. still havent decided on the slp lid or should i pay the extra 50$ for the fast toys.net lid. what do you guys think? is that all i would need, the lid and the fast toys ram air kit? again i appreciate the help guys.
Why get the FTRA RA when the chrs1313 setup is better

As far as the lid goes if you have a stock maf that will be your restriction so a bigger lid will net you nothing. A bigger maf and lid won't really net you anything unless you go more cubes anyway....
Old 03-21-2010, 10:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

I have the FTRA. No problems with water, and I've driven it through plenty of rainstorms. I just slow down a bit before driving through monster puddles. I wouldn't worry about it.

And the SLP lid will be fine.

Quick Reply: Fast ToyS ram Air Kit.... help?!