New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Coolant Indicator

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2010, 03:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Coolant Indicator

Hey guys, long time reader first time poster...

A little bit of background info:

Purchased a 99' Z28 with 166K miles from a family member who took very good care of the car.

As the title states, the coolant indicator light pops up after the car warms up a bit (15-20 miles) - temperature gauge reads normal - coolant level is normal - I have already changed out the thermostat and the coolant temperature sensor (not sure if this is the correct terminology) - Picked up both parts from "Autozone" (Quality Parts - I'm sure!)

Anyway, other than the possibility that either the thermostat or coolant temperature sensor is bad - What else could cause the indicator to light up?

Regards,
Old 04-08-2010, 03:49 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Is it the "low coolant" message??? If it is the sensor for that is a little rectangle piece below the radiator cap a couple inches. pull it and clean it and if that doesn't work replace it.......
Old 04-08-2010, 03:57 PM

Yeah, it's the message that has an arrow pointing towards the coolant. Thanks for the reply - I'll check it out tonight!
Old 04-08-2010, 06:02 PM
TECH Resident

Aslong as you verify that the Temp is good and that it indeed full of coolant just unplug it and the message will go away they tend to fail