Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Th400 parts list?

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2010, 01:13 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Th400 parts list?

I got a th400 transmision and would like if anyone know a quick list of additional parts going to need to round up befor i get to work? Current list is 98 z28 "t56 soon not to be" STS turbo kit and to my dissmay stock rearend but full forged motor with minimal street strip tune...
Old 05-25-2010, 10:01 AM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You're obviously going to need a converter. I would have one built for the TH400 bolting to an LS1 motor. It will save you from running and conversion pieces on it. Then you'll need a tranny crossmember, (BMR, UMI, Spohn, etc.) dipstick tube, (MadMan) and probably a driveshaft. That should be it for the most part other than having the necessary codes deleted. Also, you need to come up with a speed sensor pickup. Depending on who builds the tranny, you can have a reluctor wheel installed on the output shaft and modify the case to mount a speed sensor and you should be fine. Let me know on the parts you are looking at and I'm sure we can get them for you.

Jon
Old 05-25-2010, 01:01 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

how hard are these "codes" to get rid of? and also the shop that is building the trans is also building a converter i had to give him all my stats this morning?

Quick Reply: Th400 parts list?