New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Whisper lid Intaked Tubing diameter?

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2010, 09:29 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Whisper lid Intaked Tubing diameter?

I have a Whisper Lid and have been looking to get different intake tubing for the car, something that either doesn't look like complete crap or an aluminum one. The one they included looks like it was cut off some random left over tubing and is very unsightly.

It's been on my car for at least a year or two now but just curious, what is the diameter of the tubing? I tried 3.5" from Autozone or Pepboys but was too small.

Then I tried some 4" flexible metal tubing from Home Depot because I thought I heard of that being used before and I couldn't get it to fit. The actual diameter of the opening of the Whisper Lid is 4" but the throttle body seems to be about 4.25" or something. It won't fit right so I returned it. Now I'm just scratching my head. What should I buy?
Old 06-21-2010, 12:34 AM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,492 Likes on 1,074 Posts

What tubing are you talking about? The air bellow from the MAF to the throttle body? I wasn't aware that Whisper was now including new bellows with their air lids....that wasn't the case last time I bought one (probably 5-6 years ago).

I know SLP makes a "high flow" bellow, but I don't care for it. I just stick with stock - it provides the best fit and the other bellows really don't offer a gain.