Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Spec 3 and now Problems

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2010, 07:54 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Spec 3 and now Problems

Just installed a new Spec 3 clutch with new slave and throw out bearing. Before the install of the new clutch the car shifted smoothly and now it seems like a task to get the car into gear. Just feel like a thud when your putting the car in gear. You especially notice this in reverse. It seems to be even tougher when the car is in high rpm's. What could be the cause? More bleeding needed?
Old 07-22-2010, 08:23 PM
Staging Lane

Also when the car is off it shifts fine everything goes into gear nice and easy. Don't know if that helps any.
Old 07-22-2010, 08:31 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You probably need to bleed it some more. I'm running the same clutch and mine is smooth. Best thing that worked for me was to bleed it, drive it, bleed it, drive it. Didn't need any more after that.
Old 07-22-2010, 08:36 PM
Staging Lane

Are you bleeding with a mighty vac or what not? Or just regular old crawl under and back the bleed screw off and have a friend pump the pedal.
Old 07-22-2010, 09:11 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Old school way. I usually have them pump it up about 30 times then hold cause it seems to work better than 10. Builds alot more pressure and really pushes alot of air and fluid out that way. Usually takes me about 3 cracks of the bleeder and she's good til I do my regular maintenance on it.
Old 08-03-2010, 09:10 PM
Staging Lane

It seems like I got all the air out though it's really starting to drive me nuts. When the car is off it has no problem going right into gear nice and smooth. Could I need a new master cylinder?
Old 08-03-2010, 09:59 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Taylor3180
It seems like I got all the air out though it's really starting to drive me nuts. When the car is off it has no problem going right into gear nice and smooth. Could I need a new master cylinder?
A friend of mine had the same problem with the spec 2 and spec 3. He replace the master, then the slave, then took out the old fluid and replace it (non synthetic). Finally after a couple of weeks and still with the same problem, a friend of his told him to check the pressure plate. He told him to do a test.
While driving the car, push your clutch in half ways and rev your engine, once you do this, if the pressure plate is bad/problem it will suck the pedal away from your foot literally, suck the pedal down to the floor. This was the problem on his car. After arguing with spec and them not wanting to refund him for the spec 2 and spec 3, he decided to go with a different clutch. Don't get me wrong, spec does make great clutches, but maybe it was just a bad batch. Hope this helps..