Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need help LOSS OF POWRER

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2011, 01:03 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Need help LOSS OF POWRER

Ok when I bought my camaro 1 year ago it was as fast as any stock z28, i've done so many things to it here is the list

LT1 radiator swap AC Delco Iridium spark plugs with Duralast wires changed oil with full synthetic and Mobile One filter Changed the fuel filter 5k miles ago Cleaned the maf really good with maf cleaner sefoamed the car clean my K&N Filter (with water only left it sitting one day) changed my coolant Installed headers, qtp ypipe and magnaflow exhaust changed o2s with corvette one's

Not sure if im missing something but thats pretty much it

Ok, so sometimes when I drive my car well lets put it this way every morning and once in a while my car gets stuck at 40mph and the rpm guage rises like its not going into the next gear like getting stuck but I have to press the gas pedal more so its goes into 3rd I believe (auto with2 .73) and i have to give it more gas to get the tranny to upshift

So would something in my tranny be wrong or something is causing this loss of power, how can I diagnose it? __________________
Old 06-03-2011, 01:03 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

anyone?
Old 06-12-2011, 12:11 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I suspect something is wrong with your trans, pull the dipstick out and see if the fluid has grit in it. Also smell the fluid, if it smells burnt then your trans is slipping, which is what your problem sounds like. I would bet on it being a trans problem they way you described it.