Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS Mustang

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2011, 10:26 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS Mustang

I've been lurking on this site for a while. Just found an '88 Mustang, and I'm desperatly wanting to put an LSx in it. Just not sure if I want to go Autocrossing, or Drag racing. I want to try and keep this as low budget as possible. I'm thinking something out of a truck and either a turbo/th350 for drag, or all motor/t56 for autocrossing. How much can the stock bottomend handle before mods need to be done?? With drag racing, I'm gonna need the power, but with autocrossing, I'm gonna need the RPM. Thanks in advance.
Old 10-21-2011, 05:16 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

no good advice here, just want to commend you on fixing one of the main problems with every mustang, maybe next u can do a body swap!

Seriously ive heard on this site that the 500-600 range with a good tune shouldnt be a prob but if your going to beat the **** out of it thats another story.

Good luck with fixing ur mustang!
Old 10-23-2011, 10:00 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

the stock bottom ends can handle 600+hp.consider a iron block 5.3 truck motor ,or a 6.0 motor for $500 or less..you can get a ignition kit from elderbrock with a msd dist,which allows you run with out a ECM.go to the conversion section of this forum for more info and read the stickies.you are not the first to do this swap ,so there is alot of good info here for you to use,good luck.