Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Exhaust Help

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2011, 10:17 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Exhaust Help

My Trams Am has LT's and 3" exhaust to the rear..no cats. I bought it this way and it sounds like ****. The cammed motor sounds great and I am a fan of a car you can hear but it is just obnoxious. It sounds like it has glass packs haha!!

Any recommended (axle back/muffler) recommendations ?
Thanks!!
Old 10-26-2011, 11:20 PM
Staging Lane

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Corsa & magnaflow are typically quieter than most. If I had to pick from the aftermarket ones, I would probably go with the Corsa. Borla is pretty decent too, but from what I've seen it's more expensive. Don't go back to stock, you will choke off your performance

It's too bad a Z06 catback doesn't fit the fbody, that is the way to go for C5 owners. Being the most quiet and one of the best for performance. Don't get me wrong, I love waking up the neighborhood and listening to my camshaft rumble. But I'd rather have the best of both worlds and install the quietest exhaust with electric cut-outs.
Old 10-26-2011, 11:32 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Ironembraced
Corsa & magnaflow are typically quieter than most. If I had to pick from the aftermarket ones, I would probably go with the Corsa. Borla is pretty decent too, but from what I've seen it's more expensive. Don't go back to stock, you will choke off your performance

It's too bad a Z06 catback doesn't fit the fbody, that is the way to go for C5 owners. Being the most quiet and one of the best for performance. Don't get me wrong, I love waking up the neighborhood and listening to my camshaft rumble. But I'd rather have the best of both worlds and install the quietest exhaust with electric cut-outs.
True, cut outs would be nice. Thats something I didnt address. The car was tuned with this set up. I dont want another tune. The current set up does alot of twisting and turning at the rear so I guess a good axle back wouldnt restrict much more.
Old 10-26-2011, 11:51 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Ironembraced

True, cut outs would be nice. Thats something I didnt address. The car was tuned with this set up. I dont want another tune. The current set up does alot of twisting and turning at the rear so I guess a good axle back wouldnt restrict much more.
Old 11-01-2011, 12:18 PM
TECH Resident

i have a GMMG exhaust and i love the sound and performance
Old 11-01-2011, 01:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

this should help you find what you want.
http://ls1sounds.com/

I personally like the sound of a SLP LM2 with LT's and a ORY.