Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question about the stock ram air

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2004, 01:58 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Question about the stock ram air

Have an 02 WS6.....was wondering if anyone (Im sure most of you have) has noticed the two plastic pieces just inside the nostrils.......the first piece coming off the top of the nostril, forming a point at the nose of the hood, and the second piece coming from the bottom straight across just before the opening to go to the air lid. Why are they there? Anything a bandsaw can't fix? Seems that they block ALOT of air. Just thought I'd post my question before I started doing surgery on them.
Also.....anyone know where I can get header gaskets for SLP LT's? LMPerformance won't sell just the gaskets, and I need only them. Thanks.

Last edited by kjmdrumz3; 03-16-2004 at 02:04 AM.
Old 03-16-2004, 03:05 AM
Staging Lane

yeah, they are baffles, find a thread on drilling out the baffles (do a search) you should find directions on how do do it,
Old 03-16-2004, 03:11 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by EvilRed98
yeah, they are baffles, find a thread on drilling out the baffles (do a search) you should find directions on how do do it,
I would think that it should give a minute increase in power? and would DEFINATELY be worth doing.......ITS FREE!!!
Old 03-16-2004, 03:48 AM
Staging Lane

there is a thing call BGRA (brian green ram air) i think, I have a trans am , not a WS6, so I'm not positive on the name....anyway, you drill out the stock baffles, and install his "funnels" they connect directly to the air box, supposed to be a fantastic upgrade
Old 03-16-2004, 12:00 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by EvilRed98
there is a thing call BGRA (brian green ram air) i think, I have a trans am , not a WS6, so I'm not positive on the name....anyway, you drill out the stock baffles, and install his "funnels" they connect directly to the air box, supposed to be a fantastic upgrade
Thanks for the info...............now, anyone know where to get the gaskets?
Old 03-16-2004, 12:38 PM
TECH Resident

About the gaskets, no, but to tell you about the BGRA. It is one of, if not the best bolt-on's you can get for a WS6. You will see a good extra umph, especially over 100 mph because it "pressurizes" the air box. Do a search, nothing but good things and great gains.
Old 03-16-2004, 02:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

they are there for driving in the rain and snow, if you dont drive fast in the rain/snow(and who does)they arent needed and you will probably see an increase in hwy mpg and a slightly better ET at the track