Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

how to get a 5.3L swap to start and run???? HELP

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2012, 07:21 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how to get a 5.3L swap to start and run???? HELP

is what im doing im 5.3L in a camaro or firebird and i am useing a 99 5.3L truck engine harness and a 2000 camaro v6 body wiring harnes and i know on the camaro it has the chip for the key and the truck doesnt have the chip it has the big key for like the trucks im sure people have seen it b4 but anyway if i use a truck 5.3L computer how the hell am i going to get this thing to start ive been thinking about it forever and trying to find things to bypass it if i get it tuned out of the puter will it turn over and run or what? like is there a resistance for the truck keys also or what is going on there or could i go threw the 15 values of ohms for the pellet keys its very confuseing to me

just basically what are the possibilitys to get this thing running here other than getting it tuned out or is that the only way do you think i could just take the truck computer to speed inc and have them dissable it and hook up the factory wiring from the v6 to the 5.3 harness and everything will work when i turn the key? cause they way im seeing it nothing would match like cause i know on the lt1 that the computer and the key and there is another little black box and all 3 values have to match for the security to go out and make the car start so i would think the same thing is going on here right?
Old 05-12-2012, 03:27 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

nevermind just doing a stand alone my self thanks anyways lol alot more simple