New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

..What mod to choose first!?...

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2012, 08:05 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This helped me alot when I started to mod up...https://ls1tech.com/forums/new-ls1-o...anna-fast.html
Old 05-23-2012, 10:55 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

get your suspension out of the way. Call MWC and start making your payments. by the time you get done paying for it they should be about done custom fabbing the most badass rearend of all time along with full suspension. after that a tick master cylinder, and a decent cam package and bolt ons. that should get you into the low 7's easy with good shifts in the 1/8
Old 12-04-2012, 02:11 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You guys seem to have brilliant advice. I read "So you wanna be fast!" that was a really interesting topic. Sorry its been awhile since my last post but after 2 months of owning the car i needed tires! > haha but no big deal. I decided to just put tires on, drive it and save up some $$$. I have right at $2000 saved up and waiting for the day to blow it all! I'm thinking Lid, TSP stainless Steel 1 3/4" LT's, TSP True Duals, initially. THat should my "New Years" plan. Don't know where to go from there through....
Should i put anything into intake other than lid? i have heard the stock MAF and Ls6 intake should be good for what i want..
Old 12-04-2012, 02:13 PM
Teching In

I have been trying to sell the car recently just to possibly trade for a 98-02 camaro or trans am because i don't want to mod this beautiful car, but if i don't get it sold i guess thats the route i'll take. Head and Cam package late spring!
Old 12-04-2012, 03:00 PM
TECH Resident

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by tylerstransam
I have been trying to sell the car recently just to possibly trade for a 98-02 camaro or trans am because i don't want to mod this beautiful car, but if i don't get it sold i guess thats the route i'll take. Head and Cam package late spring!
If you don't, someone else will, and if its local it will suck when it blows your doors off.
Old 12-04-2012, 04:10 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would do a either a cat-back or cutout, lid, and a set of sway bars. Everyone always skimps on the suspension. I did my sway bars after owning the car for 6 years and wish I did them first. Check the classifieds and local sections for good deals. I always sell stuff cheap!
Old 12-04-2012, 10:20 PM
Launching!

I went through your same ordeal when I was 18... about 12 years ago... damn I can't believe it's been that long! Anyway, the most worthwhile mods I have listed below in order of importance.

New shifter like a Pro 5.0
Lowering springs to kill that 4x4 look
Cold air kit or lid
LT headers WITH CATS and nice catback.. forget the true dual bull
heads and small street cam

I ranked the top performance mods last because they only caused more trouble than they were worth. Small cam means less cam surge, better fuel economy and more fun to drive. Nice thing about the LS1 is that you can bolt on LS6 heads, LS6 cam with full bolt-ons and make close to 400 rwhp which is a solid 12 second street car.
Old 12-04-2012, 10:36 PM
TECH Resident

With 2,000 bucks you could get your LT's, true duals, and a cam with supporting mods. But then you'd have to start upgrading other stuff (rear end, suspension parts, clutch, tires, etc)

It's a never ending battle. Once you upgrade one thing you have to upgrade another to handle it. Modding has a domino effect. In the mean time at least get a cutout and a lid. You could find both of those for 70$ or so used.

Quick Reply: ..What mod to choose first!?...