Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need a little help...

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2012, 11:35 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need a little help...

I was on my way home from work and my camaro started bucking and stuttering so I pulled over and popped the hood. I saw that the driver's side coil pack had backed itself out and the bolt is gone and coil was flopping against the header. So I got some zipties from my thirdgen repair kit and zipped it to the fuel rail to keep it in place while I mail order more bolts. and locktite.

I got ready to close it back up thinking I'd solved the problem, at least temporarily, when I noticed that something was missing from the back of the valve cover. I put my fingers back there and sure enough I can touch the rockers, there's a hole there where something should be but isn't anymore. The back of the driver's side valve cover is supposed to have some kind of hose going Idon'tknowwhere and I need to know what that hose is supposed to attach to. I need to know what part to look for so I can get my car fixed so I can continue to go back and forth to work. Help please!
Old 06-10-2012, 01:14 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

The hoses your missing are the PCV hoses. The drivers side comes over to the rear of the pass side in to a "Y" pipe and then up to the front of the pass side and in to the intake manifold. Here's the best pic I have...

http://mycarpics.shutterfly.com/202

http://mycarpics.shutterfly.com/201
Old 06-10-2012, 01:38 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yup. Went and checked the monster. The entire PCV assembly is missing except for a rubber hose still attached to the front of the intake which runs along the side of the intake and stops about halfway venting to nothing. So, I need to get a PCV hose. Dude, thanks for your help.

Unbelievable that it just fell off like that.

So what does the Y split off to at the back of the intake?

Last edited by wornoutshoes; 06-10-2012 at 03:00 PM.
Old 06-10-2012, 06:35 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by wornoutshoes
Yup. Went and checked the monster. The entire PCV assembly is missing except for a rubber hose still attached to the front of the intake which runs along the side of the intake and stops about halfway venting to nothing. So, I need to get a PCV hose. Dude, thanks for your help.

Unbelievable that it just fell off like that.

So what does the Y split off to at the back of the intake?
Ya you need to take care of that asap, that's a big vac leak and oil leak. The Y just connects the rear driver side and rear pass side to a single running up to the front of the motor. There should be a PCV valve in the line right before it goes into the intake manifold right behind the throttle body.
Old 06-10-2012, 06:56 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

damn. thats wild. were you or someone else, working on it recently? thatd chap my ***