New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Drive by wire to cable conversion?

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2012, 05:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Drive by wire to cable conversion?

Hey guys! I've got an ls1 and I've had to convert it to dbc. I've got the cable throttle body with a new tps and idle speed motor.

Now,

Having difficulty finding a conclusive wiring diagram to assist me to rewire and erase dbw and to wire up the tps and idle speed control, my ecu and setup does not run a body control module that has been deleted also.

I'm not here to debate what's better, dbw or dbc, I just need some definitive answers on how I can do it. It's a race car. I want the cable, easy I don't mean to sound rude but I've spent the better part of my day reading through so many threads where they all become off topic and not helpful at all hahaha

Thanks in advance guys, any help is greatly appreciated!
Old 07-12-2012, 11:39 PM
Teching In

I'm doing the same thing to my ls2. I've been doing some research and found that I need a ls1 harness and pcm from a dbc ls1 f body or gto and I'm unsure if I have to change my 24 tooth reluctor wheel or cam gear. Other than that I could go with an aftermarket ecu and harness. I'm looking at a Link Extreme that comes with its own loom but that's a more expensive route but nice for the future and has a lot of features on the up side. I dunno if that helps you any. I hope some people can shed some light on this situation with converting to DBC.
Old 07-13-2012, 06:35 AM

I managed to covert mine using existing loom and ecu but still haven't started it yet, can't seem to get spark or injector pulse, once I have this sorted I will let you know,