Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Make New WS6 Faster!

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2013, 09:53 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Batman1978
Because I don't like any other car! This is the car I've always wanted. Don't like Vets, Stangs, or any other car! Just WS6 TA!
I respect that. The WS6 is a pretty rare car anymore, and they're still pretty bad *** looking.
Old 04-08-2013, 10:17 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

consider a texas speed torquer v3 cam ,and a fast 92mm intake.install a good flowing exhaust.a Frost mail order tune will get you max power if you don't have a local tuner .where do you live ?
Old 04-09-2013, 01:35 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If your car doesn't have a ls6 intake you could do that a cam and a mild exhaust and see close to 400 through a 6-speed. All that doesn't even cost that much.
Old 04-09-2013, 06:29 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Batman1978
Good point Micro Tech. No, it will not see the track and getting into the 9s is way too much. 4s max 5 will plenty. So I guess replacing the factory rear wont be necessary huh? Thanks for the input.

B
From what our tuner was telling me...replacing the rear is entirely by preference. The general consensus is that roll racing will preserve your rear much more than racing from digs, especially if those digs are done with drag radials on the wheels. It's the hard launches that seem to be the cause of the majority of busted rears. HOWEVER, there are people that claim to have busted their rears roll racing as well...but those stories are much rarer.

Once you start modding these cars it's always a good idea to set money aside because stuff, at some point or another, will break. With your power goals and driving/racing habits, I would suggest to just get as much out of the rear as possible and have some money set aside in case it does give out on you one day. However, if money really isn't an option and you don't mind dropping a couple grand on the rear then I guess it just comes down to if you want to go through the hassle of getting the stuff installed for peace of mind.

Good luck with the build!
Old 04-11-2013, 10:33 AM
On The Tree

On a side note, keep in mind that adding a cam will increase the loudness of the car, so you will have to do a little research to find out what exhaust setup will provide you with the desired volume.

For what it's worth, if money isn't an issue and you want the car to have some cajones I'd go with what Lemons said and supercharge the motor and get some stronger valvetrain components. There are a lot of people using low boost on their stock bottom (ie, pistons, rods) motors that are putting up good power levels without destroying their engines.

With all this being said, there is a lot more to a fast car than just beefing up the motor. There is a lay-friendly sticky at the top of the Newbie forum called "So You Wanna Be Fast..." that will give a nice list of things that are required when adding decent power to our cars. It's a nice read if you have some free time and will help you get a basic understanding of what is involved in going FAST

Quick Reply: Make New WS6 Faster!