Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

circle track questions quick ish

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2013, 02:03 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default circle track questions quick ish

so i thought i could google this info and find it fairly easy but havnt had any luck, i plan on runnin on a small circle track tonight, set up on trans am.
T56
koni yellows on stranos
27540r17 front 315/35r17 nitto 555s
stock sway bars

questions i had were
would it be better to run a softer aetting on fromt konis or stiffer, i had them 3 clicks from the softest setting last week and turned close to the same time as last year on stock suspension, was gunna try 5 turns tight instead of 3, would it be better to have the pass side shock stiffer then driver? (all left turns)

what psi would u recommmand tires, was told 26psi front driver, 32psi pass front and "around" 28-30psi on rear tires, u do have to launch from a dead stop drag race style then u start doing laps

any other thoughts or suggestions are apprtiated!
thanks!
Old 05-16-2013, 02:54 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by ToxicWS6
so i thought i could google this info and find it fairly easy but havnt had any luck, i plan on runnin on a small circle track tonight, set up on trans am.
T56
koni yellows on stranos
27540r17 front 315/35r17 nitto 555s
stock sway bars

questions i had were
would it be better to run a softer aetting on fromt konis or stiffer, i had them 3 clicks from the softest setting last week and turned close to the same time as last year on stock suspension, was gunna try 5 turns tight instead of 3, would it be better to have the pass side shock stiffer then driver? (all left turns)

what psi would u recommmand tires, was told 26psi front driver, 32psi pass front and "around" 28-30psi on rear tires, u do have to launch from a dead stop drag race style then u start doing laps

any other thoughts or suggestions are apprtiated!
thanks!

You need to do your homework and understand the physics involved so you can make the appropriate decision on what best for your setup.
I would start here..great info
http://www.circletrack.com/chassiste...s/viewall.html
Old 05-16-2013, 02:56 PM
Teching In

This is one of my favorite articles and explains a lot and exactly what you need to understand. hope this helps you.

http://www.circletrack.com/chassiste...p/viewall.html
Old 05-16-2013, 03:56 PM
TECH Resident

thanks!, i read some of the first link and seemed like good info, probably read them both when i have time tonight or tomm.

trying to do the most i can with out sacrificing the ability to DD it too much, i did take .7 secs off my lap time though by doing what i did above. plan on reading the links and messing with it more this weekend before next wed and see how it does

Quick Reply: circle track questions quick ish